Wrexham Council Budget Consultation

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Council Budget Consultation

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Why is the data being discussed in a “Workshop” to which the public has no access, rather than say a Scrutiny Committee which is open to the public ? There are no minutes published either for a “Workshop”. It looks like discussions will be behind closed doors and a rubber stamp by the Executive Board. Why couldn’t the raw data be published on the Internet for everyone to see?

Interested
    Participant

I read the budget consultation document. Anyone else total up the savings/cuts? Pennies. So when will the real cuts happen, will the public be consulted or is this going to be pushed through behind closed doors?? I hope Mr Pritchard gets off his high horse and has some meaningful consultation. Having watched a number of webcasts he sits there with a smirk on his face. Never answers a question and when he is challenged he always comes out with the same attack Political Game scoring blah, blah. The guy can’t answer a question, he always ask an officer or another Executive board member to answer. The guy is a joke. Anyone else watched the webcasts? Democracy? As A well known to character would say “my Arse”.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Democracy died in Wrexham a couple of years ago — your comments re Clr P are certainly true — out of the remaining Councillors who do you see as a Leader? I personally would not want any of the rest of the Executive and I am struggling to think of any other Member who is a charismatic visionary that can lead Wrexham to 2020 reorganisation without the Council being put in Special Measures.
    At officer level the same applies- Wrexham is like the Titanic — good strong structure when it was established but once problems occur under the surface it is not long before the whole structure sinks out of sight.
    Perhaps we should abandon ship now and look to Flintshire to rescue us.
    Remember more could have been saved on the Titanic if the Leadership listened to the messages and acted on them rather than be so arrogant to think it could never sink — does this ring any bells in comparing with Wrexham Council.

Interested
    Participant

I like this Dana Davies from Ruabon. She’s got a bit about her. Looking at the others I don’t know. Agree with your view on the Executive board. I’m not overwhelmed with any of the board. Wish There was an election tomorrow with a credible person to get rid of my Councillor. That’s the problem, too many of them have been Councillors for far too long. They just need to be held accountable, so the answer is either step up at the next election or badger the socks of them to get them working. I don’t think I could stand the games that are played so wouldn’t want to put myself up for the fight. You never know though!

DerekJackson
    Participant

As the budget cut from WG is aprox half of what was expected are the Council going to carry out all of their reshaping and then reinvest the savings or are all the things they felt could be cut are now going to be saved.
    Will the public have any say in how the financial saving can be spent. If they surveyed people about cuts shouldn’t they survey the same people again about reinvestment!

Interested
    Participant

That’s a good point Derek but it’s very unlikely. Looking at the webcasts and the behaviour of Mark Pritchard it is disgusting. There is no debate or accountability because the other Councillors are being shackled. The Chief Executive is a joke and the Council is being led by officers and chief exec determined to look after themselves. Wrexham is being led by a Baffoon.

Forlorn Hope
    Participant

They expected and planned for a reduction of 4.5% but it was actually 1.3%, yet Mark Pritchard still wails to the press. Why does he have to continually play politics? Everyone knows he will criticise WG whatever it does so why doesn’t he just belt up, accept that it could have been a lot worse and concentrate on using the unexpected ‘extra’ money to reduce the hit on public service?

wrexview
    Participant

We await the Council putting forward a new adjusted budget in light of the 1.3 % cut,rather than one in the region of 4% the Council was preparing for. Wonder if they will now need to raise the Council Tax by a full 5%.

woogleeye
    Participant

wrexview this council will squeeze as much money out of its council tax payers that it can get away with because it has to keep the ivory tower offices going and as many jobsworths in place as possible, financial pressures not when you are looking look after the ‘click’.

DerekJackson
    Participant

If there is no consultation about the reinvestment of the ‘windfall’ then there should be total boycott of next years so called budget consultations. A consultation is supposed to be two way?
    Oh I forgot Wrexham Council only operate unilateral partnerships so that they have 100% control over their own decision making process!!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News