Vehicle damaged whilst parked on 'public street'.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Vehicle damaged whilst parked on 'public street'.

• Author

johnhoppy
    Participant

I have no axe to grind in this matter as I do not park in this area of town, but it is apparent that there are advantages and disadvantages to living there. The advantage being that it is situated close to town and its amenities and the disadvantage is that other people may with to park there to avail themselves of those amenities. Unless the residents moved into their houses in the days of the horse and cart the situation would have been obvious prior to moving there, and whilst it must be inconvenient and annoying at times its something they have to live with. Nothing can justify vandalising someone’s property.

Katia
    Participant

Wonder how much sympathy the people of Wrexham would have for a person that posts on their social media that ” Wrexham is just a scum filled town and it’s an embarrassment to be born here “.

When challenged that “Not everyone is bad. Don’t classify the majority with a minority. ”

Responds ” Hmm I would say it’s the majority in Wrexham “.

Further, this person publicly states that parking at Eagles Meadow is £30 per month thus a preference to park in the street – “I should be able to park on any public road I want to as long as no yellow lines. If there are houses on there, tough! ”

I also wonder how his employer views this publicly stated opinion of Wrexham people seeing as many of them may well be potential customers.

Maybe after reading such comments even more Wrexham people will make use of some free parking like him – at the cinema in Broughton !

borras47
    Participant

By starting this thread it suggests that benjamin m is condoning damage to cars if they are parked outside someones house. He comments that he does not live in Smithfield. Until recently he did!!!

BenjaminM
    Participant

If you care to read fully, without being selective in your quote, I stated categorically that I do not condone vandalism in any shape or form. What I did say however, is that it is entirely understandable the residents get heartily pee’d off with the constant and endless stream of vehicle drivers being totally oblivious and inconsiderate to residents needs.
    Furthermore, I, nor anyone I know has committed such an act, irrespective of the frustrations that they feel.

janeywxm
    Participant

[quote quote=99156]Wonder how much sympathy the people of Wrexham would have for a person that posts on their social media that ” Wrexham is just a scum filled town and it’s an embarrassment to be born here “.

When challenged that “Not everyone is bad. Don’t classify the majority with a minority. ”

Further, this person publicly states that parking at Eagles Meadow is £30 per month thus a preference to park in the street – “I should be able to park on any public road I want to as long as no yellow lines. If there are houses on there, tough! ”

I also wonder how his employer views this publicly stated opinion of Wrexham people seeing as many of them may well be potential customers.

Maybe after reading such comments even more Wrexham people will make use of some free parking like him – at the cinema in Broughton !

[/quote]

He obviously has no consideration for others but expects people to show him some! His comments are out of order and has lost him sympathy from me. Maybe having his car keyed was just deserts!

Ferret
    Participant

That’the last time I pop to Marmaris for a kebab or Rainbow House for crispy duck. Too risky. Strictly pie and chips for me now.

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

I don’t condone vandalism, but I can see why residents of the Smithfield area are annoyed at people who are just too tight to pay for a carpark dumping their cars outside their house all day. As has already been pointed out there is a very reasonably priced car park on crescent road, £1.50 for all day I believe? Why can’t people use that instead?

KidA
    Participant

[quote quote=99176]If you care to read fully, without being selective in your quote, I stated categorically that I do not condone vandalism in any shape or form. What I did say however, is that it is entirely understandable the residents get heartily pee’d off with the constant and endless stream of vehicle drivers being totally oblivious and inconsiderate to residents needs.
    Furthermore, I, nor anyone I know has committed such an act, irrespective of the frustrations that they feel.

[/quote]

True Benjamin, but your initial post did appear to condone this mindless vandalism, although you have since clarified your position. I too get frustrated by cars parking (legally) outside my house all day, but I never feel the need to break the law to vent my frustration, but I accept that Wrexham, like many other places has differing levels of intolerance and civility.

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=99156]Wonder how much sympathy the people of Wrexham would have for a person that posts on their social media that ” Wrexham is just a scum filled town and it’s an embarrassment to be born here “.

Maybe after reading such comments even more Wrexham people will make use of some free parking like him – at the cinema in Broughton ! [/quote]

Marie
    Participant

This issue irks me. Many people who want to buy or rent a house with the convenience of a private parking space pay the premium over and above a comparable property with street parking only. Unless there are good reasons why the person residing in a property should have a dedicated space (for example because they have a disability) I fail to see why they would have a priority over anyone else who is driving a roadworthy, taxed vehicle. That is unless the resident pays for a exclusive residents parking space so that the local authority can generate some much needed revenue.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News