Tuttle St Brewery Flats – help?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Tuttle St Brewery Flats – help?

• Author

Jonesy
    Participant

Anyone here live or know anyone who lives in flats in the Tuttle St brewery conversion?

I was semi interested in them but worried that the noise levels on the evening, especially Friday/Saturday might be high from the high st bars and other pubs, also people walking in and out of town in the early hours.

Maybe wrexham.com staff can comment if they have worked late at any point!

The pricing of the flats is also strange – some I think are way overpriced and hence been on market for ages – for example this one being marketed by a “upmarket” Chester agent and using some of the pics from the original marketing brochure

3 bedroom penthouse for sale in Tuttle Street Brewery Apt, Wrexham, Wrexham, LL13

More reasonable example:

2 bedroom apartment for sale in Tuttle Street, Wrexham, LL13

Huw
    Participant

The 3 bed is a penthouse so will be a lot more expensive, just look at the difference between them. Why somebody would even consider 325k on an apartment is beyond me, you can buy a 4/5 bed detached house in a very good area for that kind of money. What you have to remember is that a lot of apartments get bought by investors to let out so your neighbours could change regularly. Caxton Place is a prime example of this.

Jonesy
    Participant

I’m of the mind that “penthouse” is usually used as a posh term for top floor!! Though a terrace is a nice addition. I wasn’t considering that one mind!!

Interestingly the people trying to flog that have put a batman wood carving on the terrace – Location | The Batman Carving Wrexham anyone noticed it?

As an aside, I don’t think 325k would get a 5 bed in the best areas of the borough? ie:
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41573062.html shows the price of big detached in Marford/Rossett

Huw
    Participant

If you read my post properly, I said A VERY GOOD AREA i.e Acton, Borras.

Mike Davies
    Participant

I have spoken to some people who live here. Apparently an issue is that the heating is provided by a central boiler and the bill is shared by the residents. If you don’t need a lot of heating or are not at home a lot, you will pay the same as a family who have their heating on very high, almost constantly. This does cause some resentment at times.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I imagine that the sound of the bells from the Parish Church at all hours will disturb you more than the passing drunken rabbles.
    I live some distance from the church and the bells still sometimes wake me.
    Hope this helps.

Brett
    Participant

I’m actually the owner of the ‘reasonably priced’ 2 bed apartment at Tuttle St Brewery

I can say that we have had largely the same bunch of neighbours since we moved in. Where there are tenants, they are friendly and look after their apartments as much as those who own them. All the tenants in the building apart from one are long term with some renting for several years.

I can’t comment on Caxton Place but in my opinion this is a great development to live in and the only reason we are selling is because we have outgrown the space which happens.

Ours is a spacious apartment for a young couple starting out. I would also add (and I’m not just saying this because I’m selling) that the double glazing has been fitted to a high standard and we have no problem with noise.

The Nags Head is simply not on the main route to the nightclubs, so there is no noise because the crowd drifts to the other end of town. The Nags Head is good pub where people go for a quiet drink and a meal, it isn’t a rowdy bar at all.

And for the record we don’t even notice the bells and what’s wrong with the sound of church bells at 10.30am on a Sunday morning anyway? Get out of bed earlier!

It is true that the building operates on a shared boiler, but on the whole the bills are constant and unless somebody sets up a factory in their apartment (against the terms of the lease anyway) the monthly bill is less than you will find for the average house.

At the end of the day the cost is diluted between 16 apartments so individual apartment bills should be reasonably low. The boiler has a timer in any case so that it is on for a certain number of hours a day in the morning and at night when it is needed.

in the summer it is hardly on at all because the building is very well insulated.

The smaller 2 bed apartments are a buy to let bargain and I should know, I have just written a book on the subject!

rj32
    Participant

I lived here about 7 years ago for short time. I could always here the church bells but there was no noise from town. I loved my time there and they are much better than the Caxton place apartments. The only reason we moved out was my partner was Pregnant so needed the convenience of a house. The neighbours seemed great although I wasn’t there long enough to get to know them. I lived there throughout the winter I don’t think i put the heating on as the building was so warm. I would highly recommend living there

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

A view from Clwyd South’s Member of the Senedd

News

Calls to improve Wales’ audiology care as patients face “substantial delays”

News

Music therapist’s dementia project shortlisted for arts award 2024

News

Unleash your inner artist at Alyn Waters crafting workshops!

News

Childline sees five per cent rise in counselling sessions for emotional abuse

News

North Wales farmers donate thousands to Wales Air Ambulance charity

News