Today's Election

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Today's Election

• Author

99DylanJones
    Participant

Wrexham.com should be congratulated on the level of pre, during and post election coverage you all deserve an award for getting issues in front of the public and the use of media.
    Candidates in next years Welsh Government elections really need to take a leaf out of your coverage if they want to reach the mass electorate and get them engaged enough to vote for them.

johnhoppy
    Participant

[quote quote=93812]Wrexham.com should be congratulated on the level of pre, during and post election coverage you all deserve an award for getting issues in front of the public and the use of media.
    Candidates in next years Welsh Government elections really need to take a leaf out of your coverage if they want to reach the mass electorate and get them engaged enough to vote for them.

[/quote]

I agree, excellent coverage of the election by Wrexham.com. It is unfortunate that our elected representative refused to be interviewed by the media following the result. which I thought was disrespectful to the electorate.

Captain C
    Participant

Reporters had stayed up all night and Ian Lucas refused to speak to any of them before he left not just the ones from Wrexham.com and I agree that it was disrespectful to them all. At least the losing candidates showed their class in being interviewed and good for them.
    If the election was run again today I believe he would have lost his seat and maybe his deposit.

R T
    Keymaster

On that note we were quite conscious to ensure we were as straightforward and non biased as possible – and did ask Mr Lucas as he arrived if he was able to give a quick video interview which was declined.

Later on we were talking to Carrie, Rob and David as a round up / reaction piece and Mr Lucas walked out of the venue pursued by Leader and Daily Post reporters (video here, you can see it happen in the background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmFcxZw9Nm0&feature=youtu.be&t=18164 ) which is why that was rather brief – as we wanted to catch the winner as he was the only one at the count who we didnt speak with. Sadly the only shot we got was him driving away.

There was nothing from Brian Edwards as he did not attend the count.

Not wanting to put words in the mouths of others there helping with the Wrexham.com output, but I think everyone enjoyed it and was pleased with the quality of what was produced!

99DylanJones
    Participant

Showing you are abke to set up streaming from an event maybe Wrexham.com needs to pitch to work for Wrexham Council to stream all the Scrutny Meetings that are not on line..

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News