Short changing wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Short changing wrexham

• Author

spv
    Participant

Wrexham deserves something better than what it has now. Buildings falling down into roads ,elected Councillors who do not have the balls to stand up to the non elected officials in The Guildhall and Frustrate the wishes of the elected public. Pen-y-Bryn resembles a 3rd world ghetto, the town centre is full of empty shops because the council backed the folly that is Eagles Meadow.
    We have Councillors with more faces than the town hall clock changing from a political party to independent. I do believe Councillor Wynn started out as a Liberal Democrat, the party that promised everything and delivered nothing.
    Roll on the merger and lets hope we can have a brand new council made up of new councillors with fresh ideas, delivering on their election promises.

dale
    Participant

@DaveW 17612 wrote:

As a Wrexham resident on and off for 59 years I can count on one hand the number of times I have been to Flintshire. What does it have to offer for Wrexham residents, Mold, Deeside don’t make me laugh??? Only Moel Famau makes a trip there worth it.

In my 59 years I have been in a number of counties, Denbighshire, Clwyd and now Wrexham county borough. It seems that every so often some remote politician dreams up a wow scheme to change the county boundaries of somewhere they don’t know , waste everyone’s time and get everyone’s back up.

If the economic arguement is so damn good then can Mr Andrews publish it for Wrexham residents to see and review please. There is already co-operation between councils in Wrexham and Flintshire but economics is only part of it, there are other social factors to be considered if you want to merge any counties, towns or whatever. Mr Andrews please do not assume that Wrexham residents want anything to do with Flintshire based on your whim !

^^ Dave, please tell me you are not basing your argument on the fact that you don’t actually go to Flintshire

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Well Dale, I’ve never been to the moon but I wouldn’t want to merge with Moonshire, Flintshire or anywhere else for that matter, the grass greener etc etc

dale
    Participant

Maureen, I’ve never been to Monaco but I’d quite like to be merged with there!

dismissing any merger out of hand without even thinking of any benefits or savings to be made is ridiculous.

DaveW
    Participant

@dale 17621 wrote:

^^ Dave, please tell me you are not basing your argument on the fact that you don’t actually go to Flintshire

please try reading more than one sentence :D

dale
    Participant

@DaveW 17645 wrote:

please try reading more than one sentence :D

I did, and I still can’t see any credible argument for dismissing a merger without even considering it.

wxm
    Participant

We need to hear from elected people a credible and straight forward proposal about how they would run a given geographic area, why, and what the benefits would be for the whole of the community. We would expect particular attention to how the best schools would be provided, how those in need of care would be looked after, how roads and recreational facilities will give the best to get around and have down time. We would need to understand how the public budget and spending would be structured and why.

We then need to know who would deliver this, and based on their track record, will it be delivered.

99DylanJones
    Participant

The following is from the Councils Own web site:-

Local Councillors are elected by the community to decide how the council should carry out its various activities. They represent public interest as well as individuals living within the ward in which he or she has been elected to serve a term of office.

They have regular contact with the general public through council meetings, telephone calls or surgeries. Surgeries provide an opportunity for any ward resident to go and talk to their councillor face to face and these take place on a regular basis.

As there has not been any meetings or official communication with the electorate on this incredibly important matter every Councilor is actually in Breach of Contract in fulfilling their role. In the real world if employees were so negligent they would be sacked!

DerekJackson
    Participant

I’ve been told that Clr Wynn has been reprimanded by the Leader and other members of the Independents because he dared to start this thread. I hope this is not the case – I might not agree with some of his views but admire him for bringing the issue into the public domain- he hasn’t however made any posts to respond on this thread since the 6th.
    Can Wrexham.com get a statement from Clr Wynn?

Sheefag
    Participant

Historically, Wrexham’s local politicians have always put party and personal politics before the welfare of the area and the electorate.
    This selfish and childish attitude has set the borough back by decades and shows no sign of abating.

They Just Don’t Care, Not One Of Them.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Racecourse could be 55,000 capacity stadium say Rob and Ryan

News

Wrexham gang who targeted families for sentimental gold jailed for more than 14 years

News

Opponents of “super-estate” in Wrexham to hold public meeting

News

Hosting major cycling event to “maximise opportunities” for visitors and local hospitality

News

Dedicated parents trek Moel Famau to support Gwenfro Valley Adventure Playground

News

Wrexham gifted Royal Navy battleship ‘HMS Dragon’ in Portsmouth ceremony

News