Parking Question

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Parking Question

• Author

Darlofan
    Participant

Hot topic at the moment and following a conversation with a neighbour I have a question.

Can you park in a car park outside a store do some shopping then leave your car whilst you pop over to another shop?

Reason is I parked outside Pets at Home by Wickes, shopped in there and a few bits in Poundstretcher and then moved my car over to Tesco to pick up a few bits in there. Could I have left car outside Pets at Home safely whilst I popped to Tesco without the little guy that wanders round slapping a ticket on it?

oldboy744
    Participant

In this case, the simple answer is no. The little man you mention will ticket you if you leave the site without moving your car. I’ve personally witnessed 3people arguing with him over his overzealous ticketing.

On the other side of the argument, he is only doing his job and why should the Car Park owners pay rates only for people to park for free and then shop at one of their competitors?

I think the same rules apply at many of the other free, private car parks in (and out) of Wrexham. Somebody will no doubt find a way to blame the Council but they have no control over the private car parks.

Andy
    Participant

And of course you don’t pay the invoice masquerading as a “penalty”

You appeal to POPLA which costs UKPC £27 + VAT for each one. :D

**NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou! – MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Darlofan
    Participant

I thought not. Seems stupid that you could go into Wickes for instance spend thousands on a new kitchen come out pop to Tesco petrol station for a paper and end up with a ticket. I wonder if in that situation Wickes would have any say (I doubt it).

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News