Panorama.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Panorama.

• Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Who’s Brainwashed?”, YOU ARE.
    “How much does this buy?”, That is not the point, the point is the PPE wasn’t bought in prior to the epidemic after warnings were given.
    Also who has come up with the idea of Arts and Health Managers but as I have already said, Coronavirus is non political, everyone is at risk.

Andy
    Participant

It’s not the point? How many people are dead because of Loony Left diversity schemes or Public relations? Instead of buying PPE or employing Health Care professionals just employ more Managers.

NHS ‘wasting’ money by employing equality and diversity staff at a cost of nearly £7 million

The TaxPayers’ Alliance (TPA) has taken aim at the NHS by claiming it wasted over £46 million last year on 1,129 unnecessary jobs in areas such as public relations, diversity, the EU and ‘green’ staff. The money spent on these positions, the TPA claim, could have paid for 1,662 full time nurses.

The figures have been exposed by Freedom of Information (FOI) requests to every NHS organisation in the UK.

Their key findings were:

The NHS employed at least 826 public relations staff at an estimated cost of £34 million.
    It employed at least 165 equality and diversity staff at a cost of more than £6.8 million.
    It also employed at least 86 ‘green’ staff costing around £3.5 million.
    West and South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw CSU employed 36 public relations staff at a cost of over £1.4 million.
    Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust employed 22 public relations staff at a cost of almost £1.1 million.
    Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust employed six equality and diversity staff.
    Barts Health NHS Trust employed an NHS EU Office Director, an EU Office Manager and a Senior EU Policy Manager at a combined cost of more than£210,000 .
    In 2013, six NHS employees received total remuneration of more than £100,000for an unnecessary job.

Matt
    Participant

Andy you are really spoiling us with your sources today – first Guido Fawkes and now the Taxpayers’ Alliance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TaxPayers%27_Alliance

The TPA was founded in 2004 by “a group of ‘libertarian’ Conservatives. The TaxPayers’ Alliance was given the lowest possible grade for Think Tank financial transparency by Who Funds You, a British project that seeks to rate and promote transparency of funding sources of think tanks.

TimRegency
    Participant

Not everybody can think for themselves. Some people require regular instructions from their masters, Rupert et al.

If somebody is hateful to begin with, they shoot up on the RW propaganda.

Andy
    Participant

Ok Matt. Then you don’t refute the data that the TPA collected by FOI requests.
    You point out the funding transparency of the group. That does not mean they publish incorrect information.
    I am quite able to think for myself thanks. Hateful? Uncalled for description of someone who disagrees with your political view.

TimRegency
    Participant

If you don’t care about who funds the TPA and why they fund it, then you’re a hater shooting up on excuses to hate. Refute that.

Matt
    Participant

No, I’m not disagreeing with the numbers I’m making a mockery of a think tank headed up by Matthew Elliot who was also the Chief Executive of the Vote Leave campaign complaining about £7m on jobs, which unless we’re all suddenly a leading expert in Healthcare provision we won’t know the ins and outs of what jobs are justifiable or not. What I do know is that the TPA know how to find the right job titles to blow a dog whistle.

At the end of the day the same Vote Leave Elliot and Johnson left an empty promise on a bus to the tune of an extra £350m a week for the NHS, which would have more than paid for a number of highfalutin jobs at NHS trusts up and down the country and all the PPE equipment to ensure the safety of NHS staff and additional equipment and medicines that would have saved more lives of patients than the horrible death count we’ve already seen.

My message to the TPA masters is don’t complain about a trivial truth when you’ve told a massive lie about something in the first place.

Loony left label? How about Ridiculous right. The thing I fail to understand is why would anyone defend such a shocking and poor NHS record in the first place? If we get ill or injured we all have to go to the same hospitals – people seem happy to hold the Welsh Assembly to account for NHS shortcomings this side of the border but have a delusional blind spot over Westminster when they hold the pay and are meant to lead the way across all 4 countries within the UK. It’s madness.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News