One way system under Stansty Bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum One way system under Stansty Bridge

• Author

bge81
    Participant

@NJones 1976 wrote:

I left for work early this morning- well 5 mins earlier. Went down Grosvenor Rd and around Island green and got into work 5 mins earlier than I would normally- no traffic problems at all!

This doesn’t surprise me considering you’ve posted before 7.30 in the morning. The traffic won’t have built up that early.

Edit – time on your post was an hour off :)

NJones
    Participant

@bge81 1980 wrote:

This doesn’t surprise me considering you’ve posted before 7.30 in the morning. The traffic won’t have built up that early.

Edit – time on your post was an hour off :)

Correct- 8:30 start, 4:30 finish. My employers initiative to provide flexible working so staff can avoid the rush and helps improve traffic by spreading the load.

Chris
    Participant

Of course dont forget this will be spliting the Rhosddu comunity into two as you will not be able to get from Remploy side of Rhosddu to the town side without a huge detour.

Speediecars
    Participant

Chaos on Mold road and Grosvenor road for most of the day and journeys that should only take 10 mins have been taking 20 mins.

Coming from Coedpoeth you can either take Bradley road, which thanks to the new stupid traffic lights is causing congestion, or take Mold road, which again thanks to the council is causing congestion.

Surely the council should be wanting more people in the town to spend more in the shops, but the amount of congestion will put people off completely. Wake up and clear the traffic lights and one ways and make everything run smoothly.

I still cant believe this is ‘trial’ is even being tried as all its done is cause utter disruption and will continue even when the one way opens up on thursday.

zinger
    Participant

I have worked out that petrol at £6.52 per gallon, it will cost me alone, £161 per annum extra per one way, to make the journey via the bypass, from my home to my destination. What price the carbon footprint for everyone else.

lazyjack
    Participant

@wrexview 1963 wrote:

Why widen the footpath if this is really only a trial?

Exactly what I’ve been thinking. The footpath has been as it is for a number of years so what’s the point in closing the road completely for a week just for a ‘trial’.

Surely the point of the trial is to see the effect on the traffic when it’s one way, a wider footpath isn’t going to prove anything. Looks like the decision has already been made to me.

I just can’t get my head around how making the road one way is actually going to improve things. The roads that are going to be most affected by this (Mold Rd, Grosvenor Rd) are already clogged up in rush hour so the extra traffic will just make things worse.

master052
    Participant

You just justified my argument, but I do sympathise!! Speeding drivers in cars/vans/whatever are the issue!! For God’s sake the issue is the need for traffic calming measures/speed restriction to slow these idiots down on approach to both entrances. If nobody has the sense to drive safely at such a speed that they can stop within the distance they can see ahead to be clear, then there is no hope. Still too many selfish, dangerous and aggressive drivers creating problems EVERYWHERE, not just at this bridge!! Giving way should not be an issue!

And people are still ignoring what I’ve said about the emergency services and essential road users. The implementation of this scheme is going to seriously impact on call times-don’t blame the police/ambulance/fire services when they are delayed.

And forget shopping at Sainsbury’s, unless you are happy to have a very long journey home.

master052
    Participant

Sorry that in my last post I forgot to include Taxi drivers and van drivers simply trying to deliver a normal service to the public. It must be a nightmare and very stressful to cope with the terrible congestion this insane plan will generate!! I sympathise and hope the Council soon see sense and, with the backing of a petition against the one-way system, will finally lay it to rest where it belongs!

Liam
    Participant

Trial start has been postponed until tomorrow due to the bad weather this week. In fairness it was quite flooded when I went under there on Tuesday night.

harry
    Participant

I was off work today, needed to do my weekly shop, living just outside Wrexham i decided it wasn’t even worth trying to go in to town just to be sat in traffic for ages. So I went to Oswestry instead. Asda just lost £70 off me thanks to WCBC, probably would of spent a little in others shops too. sure other people will soon see its not worth wasting fuel and time sitting in endless ques caused by the ill thought out planning of the highways dept at WCBC.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Two former North Wales Police officers to be barred from policing after misconduct hearing

News

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News