One way system under Stansty Bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum One way system under Stansty Bridge

• Author

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@harry 2048 wrote:

look at Wrexham town centre! I wonder if they drive round(sorry sit in traffic) thinking ‘isnt this wonderful, i caused all this chaos’

If the one way system is costing local business more in both time and money, those who decided on the idea should be sacked for gross negligence.

harry
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 2049 wrote:

If the one way system is costing local business more in both time and money, those who decided on the idea should be sacked for gross negligence.

Local gov = not a chance!

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@harry 2050 wrote:

Local gov = not a chance!

Agreed, which is a shame as the dept of transport suspended the bureaucrats that fouled up the west coast railway bid process.

zinger
    Participant

There are signs on Mold Road telling people to use both lanes. What happens when the buses are parked on match days? It doesn’t improve anything because the traffic still has to merge when you get to the end of the dual carriageway. Looking on the bright side though, they won’t be able to issue many speeding fines.

NJones
    Participant

They were put up at the end of last week- but as usual in Wrexham no-one pays attention and queue across the roundabout causing more chaos. Then when someone does use both lanes they get verbally abused. Its the drivers that cause most of the problems they complain about!

MadMan
    Participant

I am surprised Sainsbury’s hasn’t tried to take legal action against the council because according to the BBC they paid for the improvements to the road by homebase and argos. They must be upset that their customers will be unwilling to make such a journey and would likely use a competitor because of the disruption the one way system is causing.

Andy
    Participant

I went under the bridge twice last night and a car was coming through the wrong way on both occasions. One driver reversed back and ignored me telling him off.

harry
    Participant

@Andy 2097 wrote:

I went under the bridge twice last night and a car was coming through the wrong way on both occasions. One driver reversed back and ignored me telling him off.

lol ive seen this twice since the one way system, i think at night they think they can see the lights coming so chance it

NJones
    Participant

I came through the bridge this morning and noticed someone has clipped the concrete barrier smashing one of the reflectors off!

zinger
    Participant

Now tell me that it was because there wasn’t enough room. Some people will never have enough room & the rest of us have to suffer..

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News

Senedd rejects calls to introduce for academies and free schools in Wales

News

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News