No Smoking with Children in Car.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum No Smoking with Children in Car.

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Good idea , how will they define ” children” ?

Rondetto
    Participant

Only in Wales they say on the news. But like the carrier bags and smoking laws, others will follow suit no doubt.
    That’s a hard one for the police to implement. I guess there will be an age
    limitation but what that will be is anyones guess.

Robert
    Participant

Another law for the police to choose whether or not to implement…

Not that I’m against the idea of not smoking in the car when you’re with children, but looking at the sheer number of people driving with phones pressed to their ears, or the police ignoring dangerously parked cars, suggests that enforcement may not be a high priority – Hell! if you can’t pick it up with a camera, there’s not much chance of being caught!

johnhoppy
    Participant

This is about one thing only…..

Control, Control, Control.

it will be the knock on the door next.

cmaj76
    Participant

It’s a sad day that a law has to be passed due to a small section of society having no common sense

Huw
    Participant

Smoking should be banned in cars full stop! I can’t believe it hasn’t already. It can be just as dangerous as using a mobile phone. What happens if somebody drops a cigarette in their car whilst driving? The first thing they will do is panic and take their eyes off the road – and I get so annoyed when ignorant people throw their cigarette ends out and hit my vehicle! Total ban for me.

Lemonpopsical
    Participant

@Big H 14015 wrote:

Smoking should be banned in cars full stop! I can’t believe it hasn’t already. It can be just as dangerous as using a mobile phone. What happens if somebody drops a cigarette in their car whilst driving? The first thing they will do is panic and take their eyes off the road – and I get so annoyed when ignorant people throw their cigarette ends out and hit my vehicle! Total ban for me.

As a smoker and a driver I’ve got to agree with this.

I think mobile phones whilst driving are the greater of two evils though, and I’d rather the police concentrated on that one, as it seems to be a ridiculously common occurrence and shouldn’t be.

Iceman
    Participant

Smoking itself should be banned. Smoking with kids in the car should carry a very heavy penalty.

zinger
    Participant

I don’t know about banning smoking altogether. Imagine all these hyper, nasty tempered people driving around at the same time. Which would be the most dangerous to the poor children.

Alunh
    Participant

Agree with the blanket ban approach. I would make the point that all things that would distract a driver so that the two hands were not on the wheel should be added, food and drink included.

On smoking, it should not just be children but I suspect that they’re trying to establish an easy principle, let it run for a couple of years, then re-legislate

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News