NHS Covid – 19 App

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum NHS Covid – 19 App

• Author

zinger
    Participant

What are the pros & cons of the NHS Covid app?

BenjaminM
    Participant

If you go onto the gov.wales website you can get the info for yourself rather than relying on individuals interpretations.

zinger
    Participant

Nice way of closing down a discussion BenjaminM.

Not being much of a techie I wondered how it would affect battery life on my phone etc.

I’m not really too worried about privacy etc. as I’m not likely to do anything outrageous like robbing a bank.

BenjaminM
    Participant

The effect on battery life is minimal, on my phone less than 3% in 24 hour period.

zinger
    Participant

Thank you BenjaminM. My phone 100% charged went down 5% in less than a couple of hours – hence the query.

Might be good idea to have one that bleeps when people get too close in supermarkets lol.

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

I heard an interview on Radio 4 with one of the programmers involved in designing the app and by the end of the interview he had answered a lot of questions that people are asking. It has been redesigned not to eat your battery which was the issue with the previous app. It is anonymous and it will tell you the level of cases in your postcode area (the first half LL11, 12, 13 etc). it will also provide info on other postcode areas so you know where to have your guard up or not bother visiting!!

zinger
    Participant

Thank you Ioan y Ffin. Exactly what I wanted to know.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News

Senedd rejects calls to introduce for academies and free schools in Wales

News