Mold Road / A483 junction

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Mold Road / A483 junction

• Author

Darlofan
    Participant

Had someone this evening come out of summer hill Rd pull round me into outside lane then cut back across as we all moved off. From his gesturing I’m presuming he thought me and the other 2 cars in left hand lane were in the wrong!!

A Nuisance
    Participant

I travel that way 6 out of seven days a week, the road markings are daft because they are usually covered by stationary traffic, the drivers who are in the right lane are worse in most cases because they deliberately try to stop the ones in the wrong lane getting in the right lane, if drivers where a bit more courteous there wouldn’t be a tread about this nonsense……

Darlofan
    Participant

@A Nuisance 15242 wrote:

I travel that way 6 out of seven days a week, the road markings are daft because they are usually covered by stationary traffic, the drivers who are in the right lane are worse in most cases because they deliberately try to stop the ones in the wrong lane getting in the right lane, if drivers where a bit more courteous there wouldn’t be a tread about this nonsense……

You don’t need road markings there are massive bright yellow signs that tell you which lane to use as you come off the slip road then more right in front of you at the lights on the mold road junction.

jok
    Participant

I am pleased that I have not received any negative replies to my post and hopefully I have helped people to understand what is required at this particular roundabout. It may even save somebody their life one day or a claim against their insurance policy. With regard to David’s comments, I can understand what it feels like to be right, but the people who are in the wrong are usually the one’s who think they are right and are usually the aggressive type. Don’t get me started about lane discipline when exiting Plas Coch Road, that’s another bone of contention. Enjoy your driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jok
    Participant

Darlofan, I am with you on every count, well stated.

Ferret
    Participant

Maybe this is why the town centre is struggling – motorists just find it too difficult to negotiate their way in and they all end up in Aldi. And don’t get ME started on the misuse of apostrophes.

Philip Osborne
    Participant

@David 15237 wrote:

Just smile at the people who complain. It’s a good feeling knowing that you’re in the right and that they’re in the wrong!

:D I love doing that! In a completely different part of Wrexham, there are lots of road closures in Rhos at the moment and I had a bus driver wildly gesticulating at me because I was indicating to turn into a closed road, like I might have missed the enormous signs, cones and barriers without his gestures …
    … what the bus driver ignored was the “Residents Access Only” sign and I am a resident and had been negotiating the road closures to get to my house for 5 weeks already. So I just smiled at him sweetly and waved as I drove road the “Road Closed” signs! :p

Philip Osborne
    Participant

@jok 15251 wrote:

I am pleased that I have not received any negative replies to my post and hopefully I have helped people to understand what is required at this particular roundabout. It may even save somebody their life one day or a claim against their insurance policy. With regard to David’s comments, I can understand what it feels like to be right, but the people who are in the wrong are usually the one’s who think they are right and are usually the aggressive type. Don’t get me started about lane discipline when exiting Plas Coch Road, that’s another bone of contention. Enjoy your driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely agree with you. My only comment would be that when you picked up on Hugh Jordan’s comments, I think he was actually trying to describe the same thing as you and is one of the drivers doing it right, like you. When he referred to a “middle lane” he was talking about the approach to the set of lights just after the Mold turning, before the Chester-bound traffic leaves to join the A483. At the actual lights themselves, there are only 2 lanes, but on the approach to them up until a metre or two ahead, there are 3 lanes, the left lane goes to Mold, the middle lane goes to Chester or Plas Coch or Town Centre, the right lane goes to B&Q or Hospital.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Two former North Wales Police officers to be barred from policing after misconduct hearing

News

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News