Mobile Network Coverage around Wrexham.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Mobile Network Coverage around Wrexham.

• Author

Edgeyuk
    Participant

Hi This will be my first ever post on here but always follow a lot of the threads… Anyway I’ve seen this morning an article about network coverage and a map produced by ofcom showing levels of coverage in the UK… I’ve checked this out and guess what it shows Wrexham as having one of the best overall coverage…As we all know this a load of Bo**%cks… Check out the map and give your feed back to Ofcom via the link and we might get some action over the sham of network coverage in our area…http://www.ofcom.org.uk/mobile-coverage…

dagg
    Participant

I have been getting 4G lately around town and the odd occasion at home, even at the Racecourse.

R T
    Keymaster

It is a load of rubbish! I have checked various spots where voice calls drop out for me on Vodafone and its apparently fine going by that map.

Much like banks, is there a decent alternative out there to move to?!

Philip Osborne
    Participant

There’s supposed to be moves by government to force networks to share infrastructure with each other. I think that’s a sensible approach – if gas, electric, telephone and train networks can all share an infrastructure between multiple private companies, why can’t mobile companies? Individually, none of them have great coverage, but between them surely coverage should be better!

The merger of Orange and T-Mobile into EE, and more recently the buy-out of O2 by Three, could see multiple companies merge networks anyway, which will hopefully see an improvement.

As for Three – they had historical problems in Wrexham where the mast was working, but it’s BT-managed broadband connection was faulty and Three had to wait for BT to repair it. Their explanation seemed fair enough, but the problem was how long it was taking to fix, but you’ll recall I was able to pressure them to bring the repair forward after starting this petition: https://www.change.org/p/fix-the-3g-network-in-wrexham

Since then, Three has seemed to work fairly well for me around town until last week when there was another mast fault which left me with no signal at all. But checking with Three, they let me know that was scheduled to be fixed by 16th August, so hopefully is all working again now, at least for people on Three network.

However, the ofcom map is still, at the very least, an optimistic view of coverage, especially in areas further out of town. I actually live in Rhosllanerchrugog, and most coverage maps do recognise that there is no indoor coverage here, but they all claim that there is acceptable outdoor coverage. But in practice, outdoor coverage is very patchy … from about halfway down the hill, it is fine, but on top of the hill there is next to no outdoor coverage on any network. I only get by because I got Three to give me a HomeSignal box which acts as a mini-mast just to cover my own home.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News