Lower Berse Farm Development

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Lower Berse Farm Development

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

See a new school and community centre are included but surely a new surgery is even more important but missing .

Also by looking at the map, all the money spent on plans for the renewed improved Ruthin Road junction , will be wasted as the land will be built over with housing if this goes ahead. A complete conflict , either housing or a new junction, you can’t have both. Once the land is developed there will no upgrade to the junction !

newwales
    Participant

Yes was thinking the same thing if this development gets the Green light the new Junction cannot be built without re design, but Wrexham council should insist on a redesign to leave some space jor a new Ruthin Road junction just incase, but knowing the council they dont like to have forward thinking, that current junction off the A483 is bad enough at Rush hour never mind with an extra 1500 cars at the same time, but i guess if it was not for the Stupid Welsh government the construction of the new road would already be underway.

WreX-iT
    Participant

Wrexview, just like with the new housing estates in Brymbo there won’t be the promised school, community centre, healthcare service etc. The traffic on Ruthin Road will get worse with maybe 3000 cars plus on the estate coming in and out.

WreX-iT
    Participant

newwales, i would guess at 2 car average for each house. Its a joke already

Born Acorn
    Participant

The junction redesign is dead in the (Lee) Water(s) – it’s not happening.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Every time there is a proposal for new housing developments at whichever location or size, the same people post the same old argument as to why they shouldn’t be granted permission to proceed.

It is an absolute fact that there is a dire shortage of accommodation in the County Borough (as witnessed by WCBC’s social housing figures) and the daily posts by people seeking housing in the private sector.

If I was to be cynical (which of course, I’m not) I may suggest there is a certain element of xenophobia in the negativity.

Be prepared, if the LDP is once again rejected by Councillors this week, get your typing fingers busy because there will be plenty more to come.

Transportuser
    Participant

It is an absolute fact that there is a dire shortage of accommodation in the County Borough (as witnessed by WCBC’s social housing figures) and the daily posts by people seeking housing in the private sector.

This sort of development doesn’t help with social housing.
    There’s only mention of 15% “affordable” housing. I wonder how far they will attempt to cut that back?

possible amenities, such as shops, a nursery, a café and other facilities.

So, no set in stone commitment and no mention of medical facilities,

The bus access information is very misleading as much of the site will be in excess of a 30 in walk to a regular bus service.

DerekJackson
    Participant

This proposal is nearly 30 years old – the original included a new school and community centre but the Council Education Dept, Rhostyllen and Victoria schools that are closet had never been asked if there was even a demand- typical developers dangling carrots that never come to fruition.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News

Senedd rejects calls to introduce for academies and free schools in Wales

News

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News