Just like medieval times

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Just like medieval times

• Author

weasel
    Participant

Coming home from shopping, I stopped to have a look around where I live…
    People used to take a pride around their paths and front doors…Always swept nice and clean…lots of pots with flowers in…BUT>>>NO MORE…What is on the front of these house now????STINKING GREY BINS….I too will stop keeping my place on the main road swept and tidy…Might as well join in with the WREXHAM SLUM LOOK…..and scatter my bins around Maybe we may get back to medieval times, when all they did was sling their waste etc into the street,..Then all Wrexham council will have to do is come round with the snow plough now and again, and scrape it all away…Grrrr

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I feel sorry for people with limited space to store their bins. It must be terrible to have to pass them to enter their homes.

BenjaminM
    Participant

I must agree with Welsh Dresser, I cannot think of anything more terrible than to have to pass bins to enter ones home. It must annoy ones sensibilities immensely!
    But you see, I have a moat surrounding my castle, so all that I need to do is to instruct my servants and proles to throw waste out and into the moat- job done.
    I am more of a conservationist than a re cyclist and feel it is my duty to feed the wild animals and vermin that are attracted to the rotting detritus. It is lovely to watch the foxes and rats during their feeding frenzies surrounded by countless flying insects ah!,such bliss!
    But to the point, I sincerely feel deeply sorry for people who think that refuse bins have so much importance in their lives. Perhaps if they got out more and were more concerned about things that REALLY matter in the big scheme and became pro active in MEANINGFUL matters, one day we may progress.
    Unfortunately, not everyone has drives that they can discreetly hide the refuse containers from general view.
    Ah, if everyone were pseudo middle class rather than suffering the indignity of flat or terrace dwelling, what an idyllic world it would be .
    Sunshine, trees and primroses everywhere. The gentle bleating of sheep in the background, who could ask for more?
    But unfortunately, life is not like that.
    All this recent nonsense on the back of Eric Pickles’ ludicrous comments. This topics would most certainly not have arisen if it wasn’t the parliamentary recess and their obsession with keeping in the public eye.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Would love to see the stats between the amount of food waste that the privately owned refuse company finds in the black boxes compared to those in the little grey boxes.

The grey box system doesn-t work in built up places economically. There should be communal bins, it would reduce the manpower and expense for all those individual bins.

I find the grey box system also shows a lack of of vision in terms of green issues. If people or communities had their own worm farms they would have great soil for growing their own veg.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News