It’s that time of year again …..

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum It’s that time of year again …..

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Watch out when you going shopping this Christmas , today I have noticed that the Victoria tins of biscuits are smaller again ,down from 800 grams two years ago to 725 grams last year, this year they are a mere 500 grams. They are ” on offer” in many of the supermarkets for £5.

Also be careful when attracted to headline sales promotions, one local department store has ” half price lambswool jumpers” on offer. How much wool would you expect them them to have? I expected 100% and was shocked to read the label saying 50% nylon, 50% lambswool ! On their website they are described as a ” lambswool blend” so why the discrepancy in the shop?

wrexview
    Participant

Quality Street tins ( cardboard now) are on offer in Lidl for £4 , less weight again but are £5 in most places.

Rob
    Participant

Less in larger packets does seem to be the trend not just towards Christmas.

B&M have Peroni Red £1 a bottle though if people are looking for some cheeky offers! :)

johnhoppy
    Participant

The manufacturers must think we’re stupid if they think we are not going to notice that we are getting less for the same or more money. Doesn’t just happen at Christmas though, and is almost impossible to keep up with which is what they are banking on.

Darlofan
    Participant

As above not just Xmas. I buy flavoured flatbreads for kids lunchboxes from tescos(I cut them into strips and freeze). I buy about one a month and they have always been £1. Last week they had gone up to £1.20 but guess what they were on a Buy 2 for £2 offer. Just been back in today and the offer is still on but now if you want one it will cost you £1.30!!! I’m wondering how long before the offer ends and they’re back down to £1 each.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Music therapist’s dementia project shortlisted for arts award 2024

News

Unleash your inner artist at Alyn Waters crafting workshops!

News

Childline sees five per cent rise in counselling sessions for emotional abuse

News

North Wales farmers donate thousands to Wales Air Ambulance charity

News

Police operation to tackle off-road bikes being used anti-socially and illegally in Wrexham

News

New Police and Crime Commissioner would not abolish Police and Crime Commissioner role

News