International Student Coming to Wrexham,Whats The Climate Like In Wrexham?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum International Student Coming to Wrexham,Whats The Climate Like In Wrexham?

• Author

Boywonder
    Participant

Ok so I am An international Student From Pakistan And i am Coming to glyndwr university in february 2013.I wanted To know What’s the Climate like In wrexham.

How often does it rain compared to other parts of uk?

Is the Weather usually sunny or damp?

does it snow alot in winters?

KKOB
    Participant

In the UK it rains most days. In Wrexham it rains every day.

It’s mostly not sunny, but damp.

It doesn’t snow a lot. The rains tends to keep it away.

:D

Andy
    Participant

Hi. The winter weather varies a lot here with the trend towards milder winters but we had a really cold winter two years ago with lots of snow and night temperatures as low as -20C. Last winter was mild with only a few snowy days. And as it is damp or humid here the cold feels severe. Wooly hats and gloves for you I think.

wrexview
    Participant

The good news from your point of view is that from February onwards you should see better weather as winter turns into spring. The trees will blossom , daffodils will give a yellow vista, the temperature rise and with a bit of luck you will see the sun!! If you stay until the summer you might even see temperatures in the high 20 degrees centigrade. You will need warm waterproof clothing for February though!

Boywonder
    Participant

Hey all Thank you for helping me out.Am used to living in High 40 C In Pakistan,Where mostly the days Are sunny So Living in sub-zero temperature Will be New to me.

WXMRich
    Participant

You are lucky also that Wrexham is the driest part of Wales! Still a lot of rain though. You’ll need to bring a few jumpers for the winter too.

I’m sure you’ll adjust quickly.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Hi boywonder,

where in pakistan do you live, planning a tour of asia in 2015 (transsiberian railway for russia & mongolia,china then india) but have only thought of visiting karachi. recommend anywhere?

Boywonder
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 2545 wrote:

Hi boywonder,

where in pakistan do you live, planning a tour of asia in 2015 (transsiberian railway for russia & mongolia,china then india) but have only thought of visiting karachi. recommend anywhere?

Hey

If you are into mountains and natural beauty than northern pakistan is probably the most stunning place on earth.Kaghan,Swat,Skardu,Shandur,Deusai,Karakoram are just stunning places.

Kaarchi is a great place except that the The Current security scenerio is not good,Dont know what would it be like in 2015.

If you are into cities than I would recommend Lahore and Islamabad.Lahore is quite old and is Easily the most bustling place in our country.Islamabad for its Laid back scenery and maybe the greenest Capital in asia.Its more like Canberra and ottawa.

Hope that Helped:)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News

Senedd rejects calls to introduce for academies and free schools in Wales

News

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News