Ian Lucas: A true English ‘Wrexhamite’!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Ian Lucas: A true English ‘Wrexhamite’!

• Author

Adam
    Participant

@rockyrobins 19164 wrote:

The town has been ruined by inept councillors making stupid decision after stupid decision year on year rather than the local mp, i doubt having an mp from a different party representing the town would make much difference to the state of the town centre for example.

To be fair to him Andrew Atkinson, the Tory candidate, has put decent effort in to tackling the fundamental issues across the town centre, mainly the poor appearance of many of the shop fronts. If nothing else it has highlighted what should have done by paid council officers yonks ago.

Of course many will not be able to look past the colour of his tie whatever his efforts..

BenjaminM
    Participant

@Adam 19185 wrote:

To be fair to him Andrew Atkinson, the Tory candidate, has put decent effort in to tackling the fundamental issues across the town centre, mainly the poor appearance of many of the shop fronts. If nothing else it has highlighted what should have done by paid council officers yonks ago.

Of course many will not be able to look past the colour of his tie whatever his efforts..

A rather shallow and superficial attempt to curry favour with the electorate in the run up to the General Election.
    My guess is that if elected, he would go the same way as all politicians and be more interested in keeping his seat warm at Westminster.

CerysHughes
    Participant

I think in context of helping Wrexham AFC, Mr Ian Lucas did himself proud.

However in terms of a legislator looking after Wrexham’s interests he has acted to a detriment that is even worse than the rabble of councillors.

1. GATT Doha & Bali rounds – By supporting these and his colleague Lord Mandelson, it’s now cheaper and prosperous for companies to shut up shop rather than keep factories open and instead build factories in countries where labour is three to ten times cheaper – This has by far had the greatest impact on the manufacturing industry in wrexham and jobs than any other event. e.g. where did the solar panel factory go?

2. Similar EU Trading agreements – By supporting these, it’s now cheaper for a certain supermarket to get rid of local dairy product manufacturer purchase milk themselves, send it over to the czech republic get it manufactured there and ship it back to sell here.

3. His role in freeing up the financial industry that resulted in the great recession and being part of an administration that didn’t save for that rainy day. Wrexham is still suffering with this because of the 50 million austerity cuts that the council is putting through.

4. He voted for zero hour contracts.

n.b. If he had been a tory MP, it would have been the same result.

5. He chose not to vote for a fracking moratorium.

5. But most of all Ian Lucas voted for IRAQ and surprise suprise earlier this month he was champagned and dined as a guest of an italian arms dealer Finmeccanica that was one of the top ten firms to profit from the Iraq War. (just google Ian Lucas champagne arms dealer.)

sparky1
    Participant

Such a nice man who is he by the way????????

a great wrexam lad or a selfish wrexham lad????????????

Chris
    Participant

Hey sparky1 I think you might have a sticky ? Key on you computer. I notice it keeps repeating everyone you use it.

Captain C
    Participant

I’ve met Ian Lucas a number of times and although I did not vote for him I find him a very nice person.

Pinky02
    Participant

He didn’t support the save Hayward’s field campaign in Llay either. When we contacted him we were abruptly brushed aside! Mr Lucas claimed that planning is a devolved issue therefore he could not help. Whilst this is true, he spoke out in the press about the loss of green fields in other areas in 2010. All we were asking for was his support!

I wonder if Mr Lucas is starting to regret some of his recent decisions?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News