Housing on the Total Fitness Car Park

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Housing on the Total Fitness Car Park

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

If the Council allow this development they will never be able to improve the road under the Stansty Bridge. They have already built on the Remploy Site on the other side of the bridge. Is there a plan for road improvements at this junction, more housing will only add to the chaos .

zinger
    Participant

I have been trying to work out what the diagonal lines are on the map. It can’t be a walk over as they stop short of the railway lines and the other end appears to stop on Llay New Road. No sign of a roundabout.

CATH
    Participant

Being one of the households to object to this proposed development the plans don’t really show that the houses would be built on both sides of the car park entrance, and on what is currently a grassed area which would affect the walkway down to the gym. The same developers have now also submitted plans to build extra parking spaces for the use of Total fitness which can also be viewed on the councils website.Having lived in Rhosddu for an number of years I’ve seen the increase in traffic at the Stansty Road junction over the years especially since the re-opening of the gym, so more houses right by that junction is just going to cause more problems, as all of the houses would have at least two parking spaces which is the minimum number for new builds.

zinger
    Participant

I am 100% in agreement Cath. You are the first person apart from myself who I have seen against this development. I travel this road regularly as a carer and they only had to look at the mess they made of things when they tried the one way system. I’ll bet that this development is why they tried to do that.

CATH
    Participant

The developer is the same as the old Remploy site Gower homes who seem to build as many houses as possible on whatever land they acquire, they’ve actually built houses in Acrefair right by the pedestrian crossing.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Music therapist’s dementia project shortlisted for arts award 2024

News

Unleash your inner artist at Alyn Waters crafting workshops!

News

Childline sees five per cent rise in counselling sessions for emotional abuse

News

North Wales farmers donate thousands to Wales Air Ambulance charity

News

Police operation to tackle off-road bikes being used anti-socially and illegally in Wrexham

News

New Police and Crime Commissioner would not abolish Police and Crime Commissioner role

News