gwersyllt speed limit

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum gwersyllt speed limit

• Author

Olivias Daddy
    Participant

I see the speed limit outside alyn water from cefn y bedd to town has been amended yet again. where would a driver stand if caught speeding given the highly confusing signage?!

Firstly it is signed ‘dual carriageway’ then a large 50 sign followed by a national speed repeater sign then a 50 repeater then a national speed repeater again!!

zinger
    Participant

You’ve lost me. It all sounds very confusing, I will have to have a look.

Olivias Daddy
    Participant

just a highways mess up I think. Guessing new limit should be 50mph but they have left national speed repeaters to add to confusion

johnhoppy
    Participant

There seems to be a conspiracy at the moment to reduce the speed limits some of our local dual carriageway’s. A similar reduction in speed limit seems to be trialed near Plas Teg at Pontblyddyn. I know there have been accidents at Pontbyddyn, but this is because of vehicles going far too fast. If people don’t obey exising speed limits why should they obey new ones. It seems a shame that the few roads built to a decent standard around here are restricted, instead of improving the parts inbetween. At the moment it is legal to go faster on Summerhill Road than on the dual carriageway at Park wall!!

Steve
    Participant

@johnhoppy 9105 wrote:

At the moment it is legal to go faster on Summerhill Road than on the dual carriageway at Park wall!!

Noooo, don’t point that out they will drop that one to!

Several years ago I took a photo (while stopped) of the view from the driving seat of the road with ‘traffic calming’ islands along the road at the back of the plassy, it was a 60mph limit and very dangerous especially for caravans and lorries as the view is restricted until you are on top of the traffic island. Anyway, did the council see the error of their ways after a few years and the road covered with black skit marks? No they dropped the speed limit to 40, even though you still can’t see through the massive signs to view oncoming traffic.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

A view from Clwyd South’s Member of the Senedd

News

Calls to improve Wales’ audiology care as patients face “substantial delays”

News

Music therapist’s dementia project shortlisted for arts award 2024

News

Unleash your inner artist at Alyn Waters crafting workshops!

News

Childline sees five per cent rise in counselling sessions for emotional abuse

News

North Wales farmers donate thousands to Wales Air Ambulance charity

News