Filthy Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Filthy Wrexham

• Author

weasel
    Participant

I have just walked into town from Ruabon Road…From Pen y Bryn into the town nearly every corner and lamppost had stinking vomit splatters…Absolutely DISGUSTING!!! The council should deffo do something about this…They manage to water the plants everyday, so maybe they could water the pavements with detergent as well….The pubs and clubs should be made to pay. . Sick Tax direct to the council, to cover costs…

Iceman
    Participant

Quite right, the town needs cleaning up big time. The Council need to stop allowing all the historic buildings from being demolished and should stop letting eyesores like the Lambit St side of BHS from getting planning permission. Then they need a full scale clean up, not just the pavements. Clear all the drunks off the streets and put down some more public areas that people actually want to go to. How can you build Eagles Meadow and ignore Peny y Bryn? Disgraceful. Maybe then ,people might stop using it as a toilet or boxing ring!

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

The town if filthy, the council don’t give a damn.
    If you look at old photos of Wrexham the streets and shops are heaving with people and the streets are spotlessly clean. What went wrong, it need fixing..

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

Report things here FixMyStreet it sometimes shifts the council into doing some work

thewayneinspain
    Participant

1. switch your mobile phone on
    2. take pictures
    3. put them on the council’s facebook page
    4. put them on twitter remember to add @wcbc @wrexham, @leaderlive and @dailypostwales and the place of vomit.
    5. see what happens next.

taffboy
    Participant

I work delivering round different towns I think they are all the same .

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I don’t think it’s any worse than anywhere else I’ve visited. It could be improved but if people would put their litter in bins and use the toilets it could be a lot better. Why do people spit their chewing gum out? There are plenty of bins around but it seems easier to spoil the pavements. I think it starts with educating the inhabitants of and visitors to Wrexham.

Iceman
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 9059 wrote:

I don’t think it’s any worse than anywhere else I’ve visited. It could be improved but if people would put their litter in bins and use the toilets it could be a lot better. Why do people spit their chewing gum out? There are plenty of bins around but it seems easier to spoil the pavements. I think it starts with educating the inhabitants of and visitors to

I have been to places where they have nice music playing through speakers in the evening, nobody is scared to walk around, there are no drunken louts or tramps and no rubbish, no derelict buildings and no souless new builds. With a bit of effert from the council and other agencies, Wrexham could aspire to this.

Mike Wazowski
    Participant

@weasel 9049 wrote:

I have just walked into town from Ruabon Road…From Pen y Bryn into the town nearly every corner and lamppost had stinking vomit splatters…Absolutely DISGUSTING!!! The council should deffo do something about this…They manage to water the plants everyday, so maybe they could water the pavements with detergent as well….The pubs and clubs should be made to pay. . Sick Tax direct to the council, to cover costs…

Well said and not nice to see but i think when the moment comes to vomit after a few too many sherbets and lets be honest most of us have been there wether its on the streets of town or in your friends house we aint able to clean up. Council should be mopping up and maybe they can recycle it with michael or give us all sick bags along with all the other bags and boxes i got. Our council needs a good shake up! Always fancied a job working for the council, heards its deady cushy.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

A view from Clwyd South’s Member of the Senedd

News

Calls to improve Wales’ audiology care as patients face “substantial delays”

News

Music therapist’s dementia project shortlisted for arts award 2024

News

Unleash your inner artist at Alyn Waters crafting workshops!

News

Childline sees five per cent rise in counselling sessions for emotional abuse

News

North Wales farmers donate thousands to Wales Air Ambulance charity

News