Electric Scooters

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Electric Scooters

• Author

parkingmad
    Participant

Electric Scooters, I thought they where illegal on the road, the last couple of weeks I’ve seen about half a dozen around the town. Are the police doing anything about it. But there again I never see any police around the city centre.

katy
    Blocked

It’s only class 2 scooters that are not legal on the roads (except where there is no pavement).

Class 3 scooters can drive pretty much anywhere except motorways and cycle/bus lanes. They could even drive down the A483 (provided they have a flashing amber light), which is a bit crazy as they have a maximum speed limit of 8mph.

zinger
    Participant

Are you talking electric scooters Katy or disabilty scooters? I think that parkingmad means electric scooters which are only allowed to be used on private land with owners permission.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Electric scooters that parkingmad references are widely used in Europe and are a convenient mode of transport for many.

Considering that electric bicycles are now extremely common and are regularly seen on the road network, I can see no legitimate reason why scooters should be treated differently.

Before anyone mentions the safety aspect, if they are considered to be a danger to pedestrians, so should electric bicycles be regulated and at the very least, be required to be insured.

MP1953
    Participant

For once I entirely agree with Benjamin, it’s only a matter of time that they become legal and common place. In America and probably in Europe they have a system where they cut out when going into busy populated areas which seemed to work well.

parkingmad
    Participant

Sorry for any confusion, I was referring to the e-scooters you can hire legally in some city and town centres, The ones I have seen around Wrexham are illegal on the roads and pedestrian areas.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News

Senedd rejects calls to introduce for academies and free schools in Wales

News

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News