Eagles Meadown/Caxton place flats help/info

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Eagles Meadown/Caxton place flats help/info

• Author

Jonesy
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve been looking at buying a flat in the centre (ish) of Wrexham recently.

Does anyone live at (or know any useful info/feedback!) about the flats in Eagles Meadow or at Caxton place (the ones by sorting office/general station)?

I’m wondering if the Eagles meadow flats suffer from noise, either from outside due to their location, or internally if they haven’t been well insulated. Obviously what the estate agents tell you might not be the true picture!

For newish flats these two developments seem to be pretty much the main choice in town other than a couple of small sites.

Thanks for any help!

Iceman
    Participant

Caxton place is fine. Dont get one by a lift though because the dining area will be smaller.

zinger
    Participant

Someone told me a while ago that there wasn’t much parking at Caxton Place.

Warren Piece
    Participant

I’ve been living in Caxton Place and love it. I’m in a top floor apartment facing the road, and although you can hear a bit of traffic, it’s not loud enough to be distracting. You can also hear St Mary’s Cathedral bells chiming on the hour between 7am to 10pm, but again not loud enough to be distracting.

The only time it gets really noisy outside is around 1am on Fri and Sat nights, over by the Wrexham Lager social club. If you’re still up around this time, a CD can easily block out the noise.

The only noise I hear indoors is when my neighbours are opening and closing their front doors.

Parking is minimal and there are no visitor spaces. A lot of people in Wrexham wrongly think that the front parking area and turning into Caxton Place are the Sorting Office car park, to be used when picking up parcels and letters they’ve missed in the post, so if you’re allocated a space in the front parking area, it can occaisionally be a struggle getting in or out. Best to use the metal pull up locakable barriers so your space is free when you arrive home!

Warren Piece
    Participant

Too late to edit, so first line of the above post should read “I’ve been living in Caxton Place for about a year, and love it.”

Iceman
    Participant

How about the ones by Bellevue Park? I wonder if they are any good?

Jonesy
    Participant

@Iceman 10743 wrote:

How about the ones by Bellevue Park? I wonder if they are any good?

These ones?: 1 bedroom apartment for sale in St Giles Court, Wrexham, LL13

I think this particular one is overpriced – has been on market for ages…..

Iceman
    Participant

Yes, looks nice though and parking is secure.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

A view from Clwyd South’s Member of the Senedd

News

Calls to improve Wales’ audiology care as patients face “substantial delays”

News

Music therapist’s dementia project shortlisted for arts award 2024

News

Unleash your inner artist at Alyn Waters crafting workshops!

News

Childline sees five per cent rise in counselling sessions for emotional abuse

News

North Wales farmers donate thousands to Wales Air Ambulance charity

News