Doctor’s Surgeries

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Doctor’s Surgeries

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

With the surgery by the old Hightown Flats removed until the new one is opened and a rise in Wrexham’s population I am not surprised that some surgeries are under tremendous pressure to provide a ” fit for purpose ” service. Doctors and buildings have a finite number of people they can serve. However where are displaced patients going to find new doctors to take them on?

Rondetto
    Participant

I feel sorry for doctors surgeries, nurses in the hospitals and the police. With the enormous influx of immigrants all have been at bursting point for some time now.
    But it feels wrong that people who have paid into the tax and national insurance system all their lives, are now being asked to find a new doctor because they are now changing the boundaries.
    Many people have been with their GP since birth as have their parents before them.
    Is this a sign of things to come? With the influx of even more from Bulgaria in 2014 will the boundary change yet again? Watch this space.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

The immigrants are paying tax. And more people living in the UK are paying PAYE tax than ever before.

One of the problems is that more companies like eagles meadow, starbucks etc are not paying their tax to the Uk but to other countries.

We shouldn’t blame the immigrants but the powers that be that let companies with big lobbying budgets get away with paying hardly any tax.

Remember 1 million british oaps are living off the health services of the bankrupt countries of spain and portugal. AT least the immigrants in the uk are healthy working people who are contributing to the tax revenues of the uk.

ParryMedia
    Participant

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I have nothing against immigrants who pay their way and use the NHS but they do also misuse it. Visiting relatives recieve treatment during their visits and unless they are approached during their treatment they are unchangeable and untracable. This is fine for EU countries as the costs can be claimed from the Welsh Assembly but if it happens for USA and Australia when the patient is liable for payment the Trust bears the cost.

zinger
    Participant

Item taken from The Telegraph “The research by Migration Watch UK comes after the Government admitted that just under 30,000 families claim benefits and tax credit for 50,000 children who live outside the UK, but within the European Union, Iceland and Norway. It costs the taxpayer £55 million a year to fund this system, which is replicated in only four other EU countries — the others require the child to be resident”.
    I have no racial issues apart from the overcrowding of our island & the impact of immigration on our schools, surgeries etc. Successive governments in this country are far too generous with our money.

Rondetto
    Participant

True, my point seems to be have missed by some. The influx has stretched emergency services, GP’s, hospitals and police to beyond their limit. That’s the biggest reason for surgeries narrowing their boundaries.

Alunh
    Participant

@Rondetto 8206 wrote:

True, my point seems to be have missed by some. The influx has stretched emergency services, GP’s, hospitals and police to beyond their limit. That’s the biggest reason for surgeries narrowing their boundaries.

Sadly, there are some contributors who descend on a loose word or interpret the syntax of the sentence to suit their agenda. Your point was very valid. Any fact that leads to a sudden demographic change will overstretch key facilities. In London, the huge rise in house prices in the last decade made it very difficult to attract key workers to London and this stretched local servives. The fact of the demographic changes and the rise of the baby boomer silver generation has done the same.

Most people do not play the ‘blame game’ with immigrants becuase that would make them racists. Most people do not blame the old for being old. Unfortunately, facts are facts and the facts suggest that Britain might not cope with the next EU linked influx of folk.

Clearly, the name of the game now has to be to find solutions not launch diatribes……and, yes, people who have paid for an expected service all of their life have a right to be hacked off

Rondetto
    Participant

Very well said Alun.

wrexview
    Participant

Let me rephrase my original question, are there doctor’s surgeries in Wrexham who are still accepting new patients?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Former Butcher’s Shop in Gresford Set to Become Fast Food Takeaway

News

A view from Clwyd South’s Member of the Senedd

News

Calls to improve Wales’ audiology care as patients face “substantial delays”

News

Music therapist’s dementia project shortlisted for arts award 2024

News

Unleash your inner artist at Alyn Waters crafting workshops!

News

Childline sees five per cent rise in counselling sessions for emotional abuse

News