Chirk Bypass

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Chirk Bypass

• Author

AMA Express
    Participant

@cmaj76 18016 wrote:

Maybe a CCTV camera with recording would be better and next time it happens (there will be a next time). Whoever causes the crash can be prosecuted accordingly.

No doubt there’s going to be at least one prosecution in this case without the need for CCTV. In 99% of accidents someone will be found to be at fault. Otherwise, why do we have the expense of Accident Investigation Officers and the unnecessary closer of roads for hours at a time for them to justify their position ?

zagibluecat
    Participant

The whole road layout is incorrect and needs addressing. One thing I would recommend is that farm vehicles/slow moving vehicles use the old main road and not the main carriageway. I would also recommend that no overtaking signs are placed on the carriageway between Black Park and Gledrid with the ghost lines extended to keep motorists in a single file. The accident last week that closed the road, involving a tractor and two cars, was probably down to impatience of a driver trying to overtake the slow moving tractor and crossing into the path of the other vehicle on the other side of the carriageway.
    I have had a few “close shaves” with impatient motorists, pulling out with oncoming traffic also overtaking.
    I want to go home in one piece and that is also what my family want. Why risk it for a moment of stupidity and impatience.

harry
    Participant

drove along here today it certainly felt a lot safer with the barrier and the narrower lanes over the bridge

justjojo2011
    Participant

A barrier down the middle and perhaps some sort of camera to catch the morons in the act and send them nice fines and/or court summons for their pathetically idiotic actions?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News