Best places to eat out, in or around Wrexham?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Best places to eat out, in or around Wrexham?

• Author

Alunh
    Participant

Always used to eat in the Pant Yr Ochain but the last twice I’ve been there they’ve served the same sort of packet chips that you get in a down market place.

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

Pant Yr Ochain is unbeatable on a lovely day, the grounds are beautiful. Never had food there though.

Adam
    Participant

I think Rob needs to start a Restaurant Review page.. ;)

NJones
    Participant

Anise is the only place we’ll go for Indian food. Very good and great staff. We also like the Pant (our local) and the Cock O’Barton. The Alyn in Rossett is great too.

missmarple
    Participant

The Royal Oak in Bangor on Dee is also worth a mention!

Rob
    Participant

Just bumping this up – anyone been anywhere locally they would recommend recently ?

MP1953
    Participant

The Golden Lion in Rossett always seems to be good, top end of the pub food market as far as price goes, if it is classed as a pub, but at least it is good quality well cooked food and with it being busy most of the time, a lot of people think the same.
    As someone said before the Pant is a lovely place etc. but the food not so sure ! :confused::confused:

beedar
    Participant

I went to the Pant Yr Ochain a while back. I ordered scotch egg starters, that consisted of HALF a scotch egg, one mini tomato, one lettuce leaf and a teaspoon of mango chutney, cost £4.99. Then I ordered ham, egg and chips, that came and consisted of one egg, one thinly sliced piece of ham and NINE chips, cost £9.99. NEVER AGAIN will I return to be ripped off like that

wid9999
    Participant

I agree the “gastro pubs” (Pant, Golden Lion etc) are starting to take the Michael!
    Even the likes of Nandos who I always saw as an in between of takeway / restaurant now ends up costing you at least £13pp because they have a definite following and its just cheap food.

I hear the Red Lion in Marford is doing well.
    Slightly out of our area but I had a wonderful proper pub meal at The Royal Oak in Kinnerton a couple of weeks ago.

Alunh
    Participant

@beedar 14528 wrote:

I went to the Pant Yr Ochain a while back. I ordered scotch egg starters, that consisted of HALF a scotch egg, one mini tomato, one lettuce leaf and a teaspoon of mango chutney, cost £4.99. Then I ordered ham, egg and chips, that came and consisted of one egg, one thinly sliced piece of ham and NINE chips, cost £9.99. NEVER AGAIN will I return to be ripped off like that

…………..and I’m guessing that the chips were processed, packet chips. The last time I ate there, they were. Ambience and lovely decor only goes so far with me. The main 5 ingredients are decor, service, price, food quality and food quantity. The Pant is only winning on the first of these at the moment

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham