Best places to eat out, in or around Wrexham?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Best places to eat out, in or around Wrexham?

• Author

Darlofan
    Participant

@Big H 14578 wrote:

My Wife and I went to the Ffrwd about 4-5 years ago and had to pay for our meals before we had them, very strange. The setting was awful and so was the atmosphere. The food wasn’t bad but just for the fact that we had to pay beforehand I would not go back there.

Having worked in pubs for the majority of my life it is a sad situation that sometimes you need to get customers to pay for meals prior to eating as some people take advantage and walk out.
    It’s that or take card details which again some people don’t seem to like.
    I know it’s awkward especially if you want a dessert or more drinks etc but think of it this way, there are not many shops etc that will let you take goods without paying first. Try going to Tesco taking some food and say i’ll come back after I’ve eaten it and pay.
    There is very small profit in food and drink so it doesn’t take many customers walking without paying to wipe out profits.

Huw
    Participant

@dale 14579 wrote:

You can pay at the end now, though they don’t take card payments.

I like it there as its not trying to be something its not, its got decent food and the people there are making a good job of running an independent pub. I take it you don’t go to Brewers Fayre pubs either, as in some of those you also pay for your food up front?

Not really fond of paying for a meal before I have eaten it I’m afraid. Anywhere that wants me to then I would avoid. Just what I’m used to I suppose.

NJones
    Participant

@Big H 14588 wrote:

Not really fond of paying for a meal before I have eaten it I’m afraid. Anywhere that wants me to then I would avoid. Just what I’m used to I suppose.

Out of interest, where do people stand on being asked to leave a card behind the bar?

The Ffrwd has good food but bizarre rules. You can now pay by card but its something like £6.50 surcharge for credit cards and £2.50 for debit cards.

Katia
    Participant

@NJones 14597 wrote:

Out of interest, where do people stand on being asked to leave a card behind the bar?

Don’t mind paying upfront at all.
    Sometimes its better as it can take too long waiting for the bill.

Wouldn’t leave a card behind the bar under any circumstances but thats just me.

Liam
    Participant

Quite like the Nandos system where you pay before you eat. As Darlofan points out dine and dashers cost businesses quite a bit and it saves the faff of having to grab the attention of whoever served you for the bill.

justjojo2011
    Participant

For me, anywhere I eat out has to be about 2 things… quality and ability to get there by bus. If I can’t get to it by bus, I’m not going there lol.

But the Chinese Buffet in town is really nice, Anise is very good. Ive been to the Pant Yr Ochain once and it was the most expensive fish and chips I have EVER had (but was very nice). I don’t eat in Nandos, too spicy for me but I do love Frankie & Benny’s. The Beeches can be quite good for a meal, as can the Plas Coch.

Rob
    Participant

The Grosvenor in Aldford have a system where you start a tab and give them a card – but they put them in a mini safe then give you a key so it is secure.

Nandos is ace – go for the lemon and herb and you will be at extra hot before you know it :)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham