Posted: Tue 30th Aug 2011

Updated: Tue 30th Aug

Wrexham Town Centre Death “Not Suspicious”

Wrexham.com for people living in or visiting the wrexham area
This article is old - Published: Tuesday, Aug 30th, 2011



The death of a middle aged man whose body was found in Wrexham town centre this morning is not being treated as suspicious according to North Wales Police.

Earlier today Wrexham.com received a number reports of police activity at the back of the former Woolworths building, now Discount UK, along with suggestions that a body had been found.

One post from @fourcornersbmw to our Twitter account said “SOCO and police down by the Nat West in town centre this morning”, he later added “someone carted away in an Ambulance”.

Police have now confirmed that a body was found on Lord Street at 6.30am today after they received reports of a man lying in the street.

He was taken to Wrexham Maelor Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Part of Lord Street was cordoned off whilst investigators examined the scene, but the area has since been reopened.

Police confirmed that the death is not being treated as suspicious and that the North East Wales Coroner will be informed.



Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email News@Wrexham.com

More...

Police launch missing person appeal to locate 52 year old man

News

Plans for Welsh football museum in Wrexham ‘not in jeopardy’ despite delays and funding uncertainty

News

Firebreak a “further blow” to children’s hospice as it closes Welsh charity shops for the second time

News

Transport for Wales reinforces Welsh Government’s ‘essential travel only’ over ‘fire break’ lockdown period

News

“Volunteers your communities need you now more than ever”, says Welsh Government minister

News

First Minister to review “how the weekend has gone” in supermarkets following ban on non essential products

News