Morrisons in Wrexham is preparing to host a ‘talent spot’ day for the ITV Britain’s Got Talent show, which has launched stars such as Jai McDowall.
The bumpf we have been sent says auditions will take place on Sunday 10th November at Morrisons, as they ‘search for Britain’s next big superstar’.
Between 9.00am and 4.00pm, anyone who thinks they have what it takes to become a ‘global star’ can come to the store on Ruthin Road and have their performance filmed by the Britain’s Got Talent crew. Successful acts will go through to the next round of auditions and perform live in front of the Britain’s Got Talent judges Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon and David Walliams next year.
Store General Manager at Morrisons in Wrexham said “We’re looking forward to finding out which of our customers have secret talents. Whether you can sing, dance or juggle we’d love to see you at the store on audition day and who knows, we might even get the chance to watch some local talent at the televised auditions.”
The mobile Morrisons tour is part of the wider Britain’s Got Talent audition tour which is visiting venues across the country to find a global star.
The details we have been passed also state the following guidelines just in case you are thinking of taking part:
- Please note that you will be waiting outside and queuing may take some time, so please make sure you wrap up warm!
- Every single contestant under the age of 18 must also be accompanied to their audition by a parent or legal guardian. On the day, contestants will have to complete a release form, this is a legal document allowing us to film your audition. If this is not signed you will not be able to participate in the competition. Under 18s must have their form signed by a parent or legal guardian. A legal guardian, if not your mum or dad, must provide documentation proving legal custody.
- You must also bring an official form of identification with you i.e. passport, photo driving license, or a birth certificate.
- We will provide a music system, so you can bring along any backing tracks or music to accompany your act, but they must be on either CD or Mp3 player. Please bring along anything else you need for your audition.
- Please be aware that we can only guarantee seeing a minimum of 60 acts at each location – auditionees will be seen on a first come, first served basis.
- Please also be aware that due to timing constraints, we may not be able to see the whole of your performance. You need to prove to us that you can impress Britain with your talent so make sure you show us the best part right at the start. You only get one audition – don’t hold anything back!
If anyone does go and has prepared an act that does not make and you feel it should have, pop us a copy of the video!
(Pic: Ant or Dec with Simon Cowell, and a Morrisons representative).