Youngsters with suntans in supermarkets

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Youngsters with suntans in supermarkets

• Author

Councillor X
    Participant

Today I went shopping with Mrs Councillor X and saw maybe half a dozen Or more couples shopping in vest tops and shorts and lovely tans.

Just guessing that they have been abroad and don’t give a flying concern about COVID and us elderly ones.

Can they fly into Manchester and not need to self isolate ?

janeywxm
    Participant

To be fair the summer has been very hot and I have a cracking tan but have not been abroad. The tanning salons have also opened up again in Wrexham.

You can still holiday in some of the Greek islands without isolating and other countries.

I believe it’s your address that indicates if you isolate or not. English don’t have to quarantine if they fly back from Portugal but Welsh do.

Janey

AMA Express
    Participant

I think your comment smacks of tanism Councillor X.

Councillor X
    Participant

Tanist? Mrs Councillor X looks like a prune in the sun and I look like a lobster.

In the old days you went to Spain on a coach and it took 3 days and then you were in bed with the trots and came back white after another 3 days on a smelly coach.

Rex Ham
    Participant

I can think of only one good reason to travel to Spain on a coach and that is a fear of flying (I do know someone who did it because it was cheap). Even fear of flying though is no reason to sit on an M A Evans coach for three days. It is to avoid such a circumstance the good lord invented Rhyl.

Be satisfied with a trip around the Marine Lake.

Conde
    Participant

Huge, sweeping generalisations Councillor X…
    Easy enough to pass comment without anything more than fleeting observations and anecdotal evidence I suppose.

These are the same young people who have been told throughout lock down to get outside and exercise are they not? You wouldn’t see my perfectly portly body in a vest top or the like. So one would assume that the majority of these “youngsters” probably lead at least reasonably healthy lifestyles if nothing else, ones conducive to potentially picking up a tan here and there.

I sincerely hope you tone down the ageism in future, it’s not helpful, required or frankly fair.

Matt
    Participant

Way to miss the entirely tongue in cheek nature of Councillor Xs post. In fact, all of his posts. I bet you are a right hoot at parties Conde.

I seriously doubt anyone young is going to have taken offence.

I’d love to know more about these epic coach journeys to Spain.

Conde
    Participant

In fact Matt, I’ve seen plenty, plenty of youth bashing throughout this pandemic and previous.
    Sadly, there are many people who are demonising younger individuals with comments neigh-on identical.

As for being a hoot at parties… I’d suggest that it doesn’t particularly bother me to be seen, or not seen as such.

Matt
    Participant

Neigh-on identical…

Perhaps they were just horsing around too.

No wonder people get called snowflakes.

Every generation gets wailed on by someone, old, young, in the middle – it’s just life.

Councillor X
    Participant

Rex Ham – Planes were new when me and the Mrs went abroad and coaches were a lot cheaper.
    We used to go on the bus to Rhyl on our holidays and that took most of the day. Also I don’t talk about the Marine Lake incident in our house but it gets dragged up every time someone says Rhyl as well as the drunk donkey ..

Matt. The story of unplanned skinny dipping in Benidorm will remain with me until I die but if I say stomach bug and cleaning trunks in the waves you have an idea why.

Conde. You stick up for the snow flakes but a LOT are selfish brats who care only about themselves and not about killing their granny by ignoring social distancing and advice.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News