Wrexham Library

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Library

• Author

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    wxm;6737 wrote:
    We should agree what the root causes are. It starts with people not gainfully employed in things which bring benefit to themselves and/or society.

Whatever the reasons for people currently congregating, their behaviour, and alcohol or substance abuse; public services already have sufficient skills and capabilities to address these. The root cause comes from the home, the education people receive, and the standards we set as families, friends and as a community. As a society, we need to give people aspiration for the best in life, teach and coach children and young people as individuals, give them a great further education and jobs. When people abuse the property or rights of others, this is a contravention of basic parental coaching – we need as a society to support parental values & discipline, and when this isn’t working intervene through public services and wider community support without delay.

what proof have you got that these are the root causes?

And how can we evaluate any measures taken?

What proof have you got that those measures will work?

How long will any measures take to change things?

what do we do to solve the problem of wrexham library anti social behaviour now?

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 6733 wrote:

I’d say the ones currently there are completely ignorant to the fact that they are a nuisance.

They are there because it a place to congregate for their next hit.

My answer would be to make it an uncomfortable place. I am fed up to the back teeth of kowtowing to those who should know better but can’t be bothered to behave decently. When is somebody in authority going to stand up for the ordinary people? Oh I forgot, we ordinary folk are not pc. We live by the rules so are ignored. We cause no trouble so we are overlooked. We try our best so we do not qualify for help. I sometimes think I am invisible.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Welsh Dresser;6742 wrote:
    My answer would be to make it an uncomfortable place. I am fed up to the back teeth of kowtowing to those who should know better but can’t be bothered to behave decently. When is somebody in authority going to stand up for the ordinary people? Oh I forgot, we ordinary folk are not pc. We live by the rules so are ignored. We cause no trouble so we are overlooked. We try our best so we do not qualify for help. I sometimes think I am invisible.

Agreed. Although i have no evidence, i would imagine that most staff at the library and the town police feel the same way.

wxm
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 6739 wrote:

What proof have you got that these are the root causes? And how can we evaluate any measures taken? What proof have you got that those measures will work? How long will any measures take to change things? What do we do to solve the problem of wrexham library anti social behaviour now?

Is the rationale put forward not reasonable? In the short term, security staff can be put in place, and should work closely with police. In the long term, the outcomes of security staff and police talking to those causing the problems, and to the community passing by, can feedback to the expertise in education, health, social services and job assistance – to help these people contribute fully to mainstream society, both in the values they uphold, and their economic contribution (the latter may already being made).

There should be an immediate change, a solution on the table and working after three months, and resolution after six months (with caution about not displacing the problem elsewhere). Loads of good examples, such as the Giuliani of New York programmes.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    wxm;6750 wrote:
    Is the rationale put forward not reasonable? In the short term, security staff can be put in place, and should work closely with police. In the long term, the outcomes of security staff and police talking to those causing the problems, and to the community passing by, can feedback to the expertise in education, health, social services and job assistance – to help these people contribute fully to mainstream society, both in the values they uphold, and their economic contribution (the latter may already being made).

There should be an immediate change, a solution on the table and working after three months, and resolution after six months (with caution about not displacing the problem elsewhere). Loads of good examples, such as the Giuliani of New York programmes.

I’ll ask again… as you didn’t answer…
    What proof have you got that these are the root causes?
    And how can we evaluate any measures taken?
    What proof have you got that those measures will work?
    How long will any measures take to change things?

What do we do to solve the problem of wrexham library anti social behaviour now? The library can throw them out and when this happens, they still congregate outside. The police are already around there… so what should happen to solve the problem?

wxm
    Participant

I’ve tried to answer in a reasonable way; as someone with an understanding of psychology, could you shine a light on the situation more accurately and fully?

(My next but unhelpful suggestion would be, that if we are define beyond doubt a root cause, that each person causing alarm or distress to the people at the Library, and passers by, would have to be interviewed and the evidence evaluated).

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    wxm;6753 wrote:
    I’ve tried to answer in a reasonable way; as someone with an understanding of psychology, could you shine a light on the situation more accurately and fully?

(My next but unhelpful suggestion would be, that if we are define beyond doubt a root cause, that each person causing alarm or distress to the people at the Library, and passers by, would have to be interviewed and the evidence evaluated).

i can’t make any reasonable evaluation of their situation because i don’t know their history and i think it’s wrong that you make assumptions that they have had bad parents or a bad education. You don’t know.

you haven’t provided any proof yet that measures you have suggested have worked in the past.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I walked past the entrance of the library today. I was all fired up to tackle anyone misbehaving but there wasn’t a soul about. I didn’t go into the library, I wanted open space between us and a way of escape if needed. Am not that brave!

wxm
    Participant

Brave at its best

MrRobbo31
    Participant

I went to the library with my partner and my two young kids today at about half three there was a older man stinking of drink in the car park doorway all hunched over, we went inside and by the toilets there was some chav effing at some girl there outside by the main door there was about ten young chavs shouting and being a loud I can see how this really intimidates a lot of people wanting to use the library it was not nice, by the time we came out there was about three police officers there.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News