Wrexham is in North Wales !

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham is in North Wales !

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Tesco has a new carousel provided and paid for by the North Wales Tourist Board, brimming with leaflets about things to do in North Wales. Wrexham Council and the National Trust produce many useful guides to our town which would be well placed in this carousel. You will not be surprised to read that there in not one leaflet that even mentions Wrexham. Why ?

Mike Davies
    Participant

Maybe ask Tesco?

wrexview
    Participant

Don’t think the content of carousel is anything to do with Tesco, as the unit owned by the North Wales Tourist Office. ( according to the sign on the top ).

Katia
    Participant

One person that may know – Isobel Whateversername – as Town Centre Manager it could be something that falls in her remit ?
    Maybe somebody could tweet her or Destination Wrexham to ask ?

Rob
    Participant

The Town Centre Manager has been in touch this morning after reading this thread saying:

“Looking at your forum – the leaflet carousel is owned by North Wales Tourism which is a member organisation.

Members get leaflets distributed through a commercial distribution company as part of their fee and non-members can also pay a fee to go on the distribution list. The fee depends on quantity and availability. Size of leaflet is also taken into consideration (size does matter!) as the racking will not hold many different types of leaflet.

I have asked for prices for the coming year for this service for our own leaflets although print runs are greatly reduced these days because many visitors download information before they arrive at destination.”

Katia
    Participant

Credit where its due, its pleasing to note the TCM is taking an interest and responding to points raised here on this forum.
    Lets hope this continues as it is much appreciated I’m sure.

MP1953
    Participant

I am sure The TCM and many other council officials and Councillors regularly look at this forum, just a pity more of them don’t take any notice with regards to many good points on here :confused:

A Nuisance
    Participant

Yes I bet they look at this forum, also they tweet, face book, watch bbc i player, shop, email friends, book holidays etc etc, rumor has it sometimes they work….:eek:

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News