Wrexham FC

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham FC

• Author

thewayneinspain
    Participant

forgot to add, wrexham fc only has one revenue sector because that was only revenue stream moss & roberts et al didn’t want.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

So even if the big draw bands were to agree to use the stadium the only people to profit would be Glyndwr University? The football club would not see a penny of any profit?

It seems to be a matter of discussion for the university and the council then.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 9160 wrote:

So even if the big draw bands were to agree to use the stadium the only people to profit would be Glyndwr University? The football club would not see a penny of any profit?

Yes.

The club has been well and truly mined for every piece of plunder.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Do you think the club is sustainable as a fan based club or is it’s fate to stay in the lower echelons of football. My Dad’s attitude is that he supports the club no matter what league they are in.

Alunh
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 9157 wrote:

Alun,

Last seasons turnover was 2.2 million, next year’s turnover is forecast at 1.6 million (no cup runs or plays off included.) Matchday reciepts were 988k. Think at the last AGM it was stated Wrexham FC got around 10.09 per ticket per game.

The club doesn’t own the football ground. It will make no money from a gig of 10,000 people. It had been ripped from the club’s hands. it has gone. The only people who wanted to invest in the club or ground wanted the land for their profit. Only the fans themselves wanted the club, Moss sold the ground to the highest bidder.

But looking in terms of finances, it would cost a conservative minimum of 12.5 million to get a site . 2.5 for the land (assuming the club can get somewhere in wrexham for same price glyndwr got the raceocurse), 10 million for the stadia. That’s over 300k depreciation (over 25 years), never mind the upkeep (think the current ground is hinted at 200k a year.)

Could a new stadia get enough bands and attendees to get past the extra break even point of 300k a year for the next 25 years? No.

The town centre manager is doing what everyone has always done with the racceourse, promise something big, but it never turns up.

I think that I am now in 100% agreement with you here. Like many, I realised that as soon as the University acquired the ground and Wrexham became a club with no hard assets, then the main thing for the future would be survival. Going back to the original ask (about the state of the club), I suspect that all involved have to be complimented on keeping it afloat. It is now difficult to envisage a future built on investment and on-field success and if that happens, those involved should take a bow and get Freedom of the Borough for their achievement.

I really hope that fans will not get on the back of those who have stepped up to the plate now and who are trying to keep football in the town

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 9167 wrote:

Do you think the club is sustainable as a fan based club or is it’s fate to stay in the lower echelons of football. My Dad’s attitude is that he supports the club no matter what league they are in.

Is it sustainable? Good question. It will be, but it’s still a large tanker changing direction and that is going to taken longer to fix than anyone imagined.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I have joined the Trust. I know it’s a drop in the ocean but will keep it up as long as is necessary.

zinger
    Participant

What is needed is supporters to continue to support the club through the low spots as well as high. You may be angry & call them fit to burn when they play badly & swear that you will never watch that rubbish again but don’t you just know that the true supporters will be back again the next week & the next & the next in the wind, rain & snow.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News