Wrexham FC

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham FC

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

What on earth is wrong at The Racecourse? This is a shadow of the team of last year. They are struggling against very poor opposition. I’m in Spain at present and have met a few North Walians who are dumbfounded at the results of Wrexham.
    Something needs to be done, and quickly before they drop into further trouble.

Simon
    Participant

Wrexham F.C have not replaced the better players which have left the club over the last two seasons.
    Prior to the two Wembley trips, the Trust had a 5-year plan to tackle debt. That plan was thrown out of the window and the Wembley cash was used to clear the debt.
    The club also has a history of signing players nearing the end of their careers. These players are also suspect to injury. Andy Bishop, Bret Ormerod…
    It is no fluke that we are languishing near the foot of the table. We’re simply not good enough.

Simon
    Participant

I meant to add that you have to ‘go for it’ in this league. Speculate to accumulate!

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Injuries. Not enough strength in depth and the fact that the side is built around a player who is currently injured.

Real suffer without ronaldo.

It worries me that some of those with agendas are using it to the detriment of the team & results.

Rondetto
    Participant

Good points guys, something has to be done urgently. If they drop a division like Chester did, they’ll find it harder to get back into league football ever again. Moreover, the gates are going to start to fall too.
    I only hope the board are reading our thoughts.

Alunh
    Participant

The real victory for Wrexham FC is that it has survived. This should not be underestimated. Many clubs in this country like Coventry are in the same boat as Wrexham and even the great Glasgow Rangers have recently been through the wars.

When Hamilton was the owner he actually (and I find this hard to say) said a few things that made sense at the time. The first thing was that Wrexham FC would never prosper without relocation. That was true.

To survive in the year 2013 you need to do like Swansea. Sell the old ground to developers, move to a purpose built multi dimensional stadium capable of putting on Concerts, Football matches, other sports and Conferences. Unfortunately, the asset that was now no longer exists and the ground is the University’s, and the only assets are what comes in over the gates, through sales of players and whatever people put in buckets (and other similar income sources).

Sadly, talk of speculating to accumulate and buying our way out of the division is all pie in the sky. The emphasis probably needs to be on youth (like Crewe), and survival. If that doesn’t satisfy the folks, then it’s unfortunate. The club is where it is and short of some buy out by an insane billionaire, things will be tough for years. And so, it’s well done all you people who’ve kept the thing afloat but please………develop the skin of a rhino because people are now about to (unfairly) get on your case

thewayneinspain
    Participant

The racecourse is in the perfect position
    easy access for both sets of fans and plenty of parking.

However for Pryce Griffiths, Marek, Rhodes, Guterman, Hamilton, Steve Morgan, dickens, moss, retout and roberts, it was in the perfect position to sell the land with none of the money going to the football club.

In court is was found that Pryce griffiths, Guterman and hamilton had arranged a deal where they would all profit from selling the ground.

And of course, Marek is the only poltician to have profited from loaning Moss and Dickens money to buy the land that Moss & Roberts they eventually developed for their own 40 million pension nestegg.

Dickens profiting from Moss purchasing the showrooms.

And al under the watchful of eye of the council and leader aled roberts.

If Moss,Retout & Roberts had done what they said to the council of giving the profits to the club, the club would have a playing budget now of something close to championship level and so would the crusaders.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

There is something I have never understood about the dealings around Wrexham Village. If a promise was given and publicly reported that profits would go to the football club why has it never ben enforced? Why didn’t the courts make those guilty pay what was owed? It had always bugged me.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 9091 wrote:

There is something I have never understood about the dealings around Wrexham Village. If a promise was given and publicly reported that profits would go to the football club why has it never ben enforced? Why didn’t the courts make those guilty pay what was owed? It had always bugged me.

Because the promise was not legal, despite the councillors being presented with independent legal advice saying it was not legal. Cllr Caldecott is even said ‘we will have to take a gamble’.

It was on the council leader’s watch (aled roberts AM) to make sure the committee got the all the correct legal advice.

The current Mayor was an employee of Wrexham Village, him being a steward at the football club. Despite this he was allowed to advise and take part in the debate with other planning committee members.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

So the promise was made and there was never any intention of honouring it? That is immoral. I don’t expect the swindling so and so’s have lost any sleep over it but what goes around comes around. They might have broken the club financially but it’s still there. I hope it haunts them to their graves and beyond !

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News