Wrexham council and its obsession with roadworks

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham council and its obsession with roadworks

• Author

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

Why are Wrexham council so obsessed with road works? And more to the point why do they do it all at once instead of a bit a time, or do they just like making peoples lives as difficult as possible? There are currently two sets of roadworks and traffic lights in the town itself, one lot on Pen Y Bryn, another currently causing absolute chaos outside Morrions and another set at the cross roads in Bwlchgwyn. These are just the ones I know about, please do tell me if I’ve forgotten any.

Just the other week Ruthin Road through Coedpoeth was closed for about the umpteenth time in recent years. And how many times has Talwrn Road been dug up now?

I often find myself over the border in Denbighshire through work and I cant remember the last time I saw any there. Maybe I’ve just been lucky, but we seem to have so many road works in a Wrexham, usually in the same places time after time. I’m sure the council will say these are “essential” but given their track record of incompetence I have to wonder.

It’s nearly Christmas, so I fully expect more to spring up in the next few weeks. Just to make our lives even more difficult when we need to be doing our Christmas shopping.

beedar
    Participant

The one’s that are causing most chaos are by the Green Dragon Pub in Hightown. Also the Ruabon Road Bridge between Wrexham and Rhostyllen is still nowhere near completion after almost two years or so. That bridge is approximately 15 yards long, the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco was built in less than half that time.

Born Acorn
    Participant

Very few will be due to the council. The rest will be due to utilities firms, which have statutory rights to go around digging up roads to conduct repairs on their water, electricity and gas lines.

Take a look at: Live Roadworks Information – WCBC

If the “Further information:” includes WCBC that’s the council.

AMA Express
    Participant

So, either they don’t do enough, or they’re doing too much.

They’re on a hiding whatever they do.

justjojo2011
    Participant

Haven’t seen any problems by the green dragon pub in hightown caused by the lights. Have you?

@beedar 16502 wrote:

The one’s that are causing most chaos are by the Green Dragon Pub in Hightown. Also the Ruabon Road Bridge between Wrexham and Rhostyllen is still nowhere near completion after almost two years or so. That bridge is approximately 15 yards long, the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco was built in less than half that time.

justjojo2011
    Participant

And to add, I think it’s time they stopped digging up roads for the sake of digging up roads and started fixing the pavements. I didn’t realise how bumpy and lop sided the pavements in Wrexham were until I tried pushing my pram on them, and it’s every pavement. Wrexham will be full of parents with hernias before long from trying to stop pushchairs going off in the wrong direction.

dagg
    Participant

I think the Ruabon bridge works are taking so long, is because they messed up first time round.

steveg
    Participant

Stopping at a set of traffic lights for a few minutes hardly constitutes “chaos”.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

The complete road closure closure by the Green Dragon last week DID cause chaos around Hightown and Pen y Bryn.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

The complete road closure closure by the Green Dragon last week DID cause chaos around Hightown and Pen y Bryn.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News