August 2, 2015 at 7:12 am #97931
Watching the webcast of the Council, they are working in the background on the budget for next year. Six months ago we had a number of threads running that commented on Council spending and options. We talked about this in the pub yesterday, some new about the webcast and had watched parts, others didn’t even know about the budget setting process. The same old chestnut came up, that the council should debate each line of the budget on the webcast, for the public to be clear about the options available, and why spending is or is not chosen.August 2, 2015 at 7:55 am #97932
Talking about old chestnuts………………!!!!!August 2, 2015 at 10:15 am #97935
The problem with the Council is they consult on a budget that is almost signed off rather than coming to the public at an early stage seeking views–
1. How can eight Council refuse teams be working in the same area at the same time — where have they all travelled from to have their lunch at the same time — regular occurrence by the shops on Rhosnessni lane. No issue with lunch breaks but they must be travelling from various areas to arrive at the same point at the same time. WASTE OF TRAVEL.
2. A person with the title Town Centre Manager when the Council own so little of the towns retail outlet– how can you manage something which is not in their gift?
3. As the staff numbers have dropped – move all the workers from Lampit Street and sell the property to a developer to make apartments..
4. Sell the Bus Station to the operators — the Council doesn’t run any buses so why manage a Bus Station?
5. Traffic enforcement notices — why not hand over to a private company — the number tickets issued at the moment probably doesn’t even cover wage costs
6. They run a non existent Youth Service — pass the funding to community organisation they will get more engagement with young people.
7. Get rid of ITECH sell to highest bidder — Colege Cambria and other would pay for the business.
These are just a few to start consideringAugust 2, 2015 at 6:39 pm #97966
We talked about this in the pub yesterday,
Bloody hell! You boys sure know how to have a good time eh?August 8, 2015 at 3:56 pm #98242
Bloody hell! You boys sure know how to have a good time eh?
Some forums suggest that running the democracy of a Council has gone up at least three fold in the last 15 years. They also say that many councils are more effectively spending or saving 10 to 20 percent of their budget. How many millions or tens of millions does that affect in Wrexham? Although forums have been debating this on here for 2 or 3 years now, it doesn’t have seem to have made a jot of a difference!August 8, 2015 at 5:33 pm #98244
There are certainly some Council Members that view these threads but very rarely do they have the bottle to make comments. Considering the Council want to engage with people why don’t they either through this thread or have one operating on their own site.
The Council need to come into the 21st Century and start engaging with people using the latest forms of communication.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.