"Woman only" free swimming at Plas Madoc….?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum "Woman only" free swimming at Plas Madoc….?

• Author

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=170127]It’s those individuals who can’t make a good cuppa and a bacon sarnie you ought to be suspicious of.

Builders tea and crispy bacon please.[/quote]

I love bacon butties, but crispy bacon never.

krazypaving
    Participant

They also have an adult swim and a parent and paddler. Adults one side children 4 and under with parents the other side. My kid will be 5 soon. And wont be able to attend. Maybe il complain about this…
    Or maybe il just get a life and give them a break as they have worked hard to keep the leisure centre open.

thetown
    Participant

You say get a life but if it had been a male only swimming class then it would have been all over social media and the front page of the leader.

krazypaving
    Participant

It is merely a case of suppy and demand. Women out ratio the men who attend plas madoc. Why advertise a male only swim when the custom is not there.
    Whereas in wrexham leisure centre the attendance of sex is more 50/50.
    They are trying to run a business, to turn it into some sort of sexism farce is a bit pathetic.

thetown
    Participant

I am not surprised there is a higher ratio of women than men when they advertise a women only swim.You can not argue if it was the other way it would be all over social media.

Llayby lilly
    Participant

[quote quote=170241]I am not surprised there is a higher ratio of women than men when they advertise a women only swim.You can not argue if it was the other way it would be all over social media.[/quote]

@ thetown, your quite right, but some people can not see the woods for the trees. I am not adverse to the idea of men only or women only swimming sessions, I am adverse to the subtle suggestion that women are only ‘safe’ when men are not also swimming. There is a pernicious agenda running throughout society that woman are constantly under threat of men. Come on guys, don’t take this lying down…! Out of interest, I had my (Male) partner call the leisure centre to inform them ‘he identified as a woman’ and would like to access the women only sessions, they said she (he) would be most welcome…! you couldn’t make it up!

WreX-iT
    Participant

We need more representative sessions!
    Women only / men only/ sexuality by group only!

Respect the snowflake generation, it gets worse from here in

krazypaving
    Participant

[quote quote=170241]I am not surprised there is a higher ratio of women than men when they advertise a women only swim.You can not argue if it was the other way it would be all over social media.[/quote]

Women only swim has not always been a thing.. so that does not influence the ratio at all.

krazypaving
    Participant

Out of interest, I had my (Male) partner call the leisure centre to inform them ‘he identified as a woman’ and would like to access the women only sessions, they said she (he) would be most welcome…! you couldn’t make it up!

This is the kind of attitude i was referring to when i said i would get a life

Llayby lilly
    Participant

[quote quote=170301]Out of interest, I had my (Male) partner call the leisure centre to inform them ‘he identified as a woman’ and would like to access the women only sessions, they said she (he) would be most welcome…! you couldn’t make it up!

This is the kind of attitude i was referring to when i said i would get a life[/quote]

…I was merely pointing out the stupidity of it all. If the leisure centre are so worried about protecting women from men, with woman only sessions, why did they introduce shared changing facilities? My guess, is there is no threat to women in the pool or in the changing rooms.
    PS for your information I have a fab life. Thanks for asking tho.
    Lilly

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News