What is the meaning of this road marking?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum What is the meaning of this road marking?

• Author

gogledd
    Participant

@cmaj76 12042 wrote:

And how many cyclists in Wrexham understand the meaning of this traffic signal?
    070328_jbean_mp_environment_traffic_0135.jpg

Oh, my aching sides. How amusing. You must have been watching “Top Gear” again. And of course you NEVER see a motorist jumping red lights do you?

As I keep saying, the rules of the road apply to ALL road users. Get used to it and respect each other.

cmaj76
    Participant

Whilst I have watched Top Gear, I have also had the misfortune of watching cyclists regularly running through red lights around Wrexham. I have seen cars and cyclists slamming on brakes and swerving to avoid collisions and have even witnessed cyclists abusing ‘bloody car drivers’ when the driver has legitimately passed through a green light.

Also, yes I have witnessed car drivers jumping red lights (which I treat with exactly the same disdain) but with nowhere near the same regularity as cyclists. One thing nobody wants to watch is an accident caused by any road user not following traffic signals.

jok
    Participant

@j0nh 12018 wrote:

The one at B&Q everyOne get in the CHESTER LANE and turn for chirk. Muppets

At last, someone who knows how to drive in Wrexham. If I want to go to Mold or Chirk, I have to put down my offside drivers window so that I can explain to the driver in the Chester lane why I have had to blow my horn to stop them from colliding with my vehicle when they try to enter the lane I am in when the want to go to Mold or even worse Chirk. I do believe Kermit would have a better understanding of the signage.

Andy
    Participant

What has cyclists and red lights got to do about roundabout lane markings?

AMA Express
    Participant

What’s the difference between red and green ?

**ck-all according to cyclists.

;)

Ferret
    Participant

Maybe all the bad drivers are just cyclists when they’re in their cars.

gogledd
    Participant

Can we just agree to criticise bad ROAD USERS rather than singling out cyclists. I have experiences seeing poor drivers of cars, vans, buses and lorries who are likely to cause me significant harm. And yes, some cyclists deserve your wrath, and rightly so but they are by no means the only poor ROAD USERS each of us comes across.

Lemonpopsical
    Participant

It’s just a basic fact that a cyclist (and indeed motorcyclist) is at much more risk than someone on four wheels so instead of raging just tut and drive on, there’s not really anything else you can do. Some cyclists may do annoying things, so do some pedestrians, so do some drivers. There is absolutely no point in singling any group out as there are idiots in all walks of life.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News