Waterworld Up For Closure – Possible New Facility

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Waterworld Up For Closure – Possible New Facility

• Author

zinger
    Participant

You would be surprised Ben10. I work with a voluntary group and the Mayor & Mayoress come with smiles on theirs faces and to children it is if a King & Queen have come. At least our Mayor is local and is genuinely interested in what we try to achieve. Why do you think that people invite them? They don’t just turn up out of the blue. A feel good factor is very important otherwise we would all be miserable. Misery breeds misery.

jimbow
    Participant

The cost of running the Mayor is quoted as £138,613.If that what it costs for a feel good factor,is there no cheaper feel good factor ideas?

ben10
    Participant

@zinger 11898 wrote:

You would be surprised Ben10. I work with a voluntary group and the Mayor & Mayoress come with smiles on theirs faces and to children it is if a King & Queen have come. At least our Mayor is local and is genuinely interested in what we try to achieve. Why do you think that people invite them? They don’t just turn up out of the blue. A feel good factor is very important otherwise we would all be miserable. Misery breeds misery.

Good on the mayor if they can cheer us all up, but I would have a good look around the town and check out the fell good factor.

john brown
    Participant

councillors cost us £880,00 last year
    mayor £120,000 last year

we allegedly need £500,000 a year to keep plas madoc open

easy solution surely is to lose the mayor and cut the councillors wages in half.

If they are so interested in the community councillors would do it for for free NOT take £12000 a year to play party politics.

zinger
    Participant

Have you noticed though Ben10, that if you smile and are pleasant to someone that they usually smile back? It is infectious. That is the feel good factor.

zinger
    Participant

£138,613, £120,000, £250,000 figures quoted from the last few posts. My word, there is a bit of creative accounting going on.

jimbow
    Participant

@zinger 11904 wrote:

£138,613, £120,000, £250,000 figures quoted from the last few posts. My word, there is a bit of creative accounting going on.

Zinger, The figure I quoted for Mayor of £138,613 was given to me by Wrexham.com from a Freedom of Information request that they put in to WCBC.A smile and being pleasant does not cost anything, I agree, so why do we have to pay for the mayor to smile?

zinger
    Participant

Touche`

ben10
    Participant

@zinger 11906 wrote:

Touche`

I would say jimbow is stating a fact, nothing else, no one is making figures up,I knew that it was £138k, plus the £100k for number plates, you are just like wmbc and sweep over the facts. Also do you live in Wrexham because I don’t see many people smiling, I think you need a reality check. You failed to comment on the maintenance of the vehicles, expenses plus it seems irrelevant who bought the number plates they are a waste of council tax payers money, surely you can see that, and probably not worth what they paid.

lazyjack
    Participant

@zinger 11902 wrote:

Have you noticed though Ben10, that if you smile and are pleasant to someone that they usually smile back? It is infectious. That is the feel good factor.

Something else which is infectious is WCBC wasting money, they just can’t seem to waste it quick enough.

I know Plas Madoc is losing money and the obvious thing is to close it down but I would like WCBC to answer a few questions honestly if they can:

* When did it start losing such a large amount of money ?
    * Why was allowed to carry on and not addressed years ago ?
    * What are the real plans for the Plas Madoc site if/when it closes (honest answer) ? Don’t say there are no plans because that must be a lie.
    * Where is the £12 million coming from to build a new leisure centre ?
    * How will the new leisure centre make money when the existing 2 are losing money ?
    * What options have you considered in order to turn Plas Madoc around and at least make it break even or lose far less money ?

There are many more to be answered and I’m not sure we will ever get the facts.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News