Wales & West Housing Association

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wales & West Housing Association

• Author

bubble
    Participant

I rent from Wales & West Housing Association (WWHA). I have had so many problems with neighbours who are habitual drug users/dealers and/or anti-social neighbours. WWHA are either unwilling or incapable of resolving these problems. Today was very warm and I opened my windows for fresh air but had to shut them again because of the small of weed coming into my flat. I work full time and could lose my job if I turned up at the office smelling of cannabis. WWHA know this. WWHA also know who is responsible – and they know that these people (from more than one flat) using these drugs are parents of small children. For some reason WWHA is not enforcing its own perfectly reasonably rules. It has got to the point where I think it is WWHA that is the problem – I appreciate that WWHA does not know when letting a flat whether the new tenants will be a problem, but when WWHA discover this (and it is corroborated by multiple neighbours) they are completely ineffective in dealing with it. I’ve moved home before to get away from these problems but now find myself in a very similar situation once again. I feel a very strong sense of hopelessness because there is no prospect of WWHA tackling the issues and this is likely to be what I have to put up with for the rest of my life. I often think of some of the things WWHA have done/said – and keep thinking that “you just couldn’t make it up”.

WWHA issue a publication periodically called ‘In Touch’ where they provide stats on how many anti-social behaviour tenants they are dealing with. It seems an incredibly small number to me – I think it would be informative to publish how many people/household have complained too. But this is the only information I have about WWHA’s handling of anti-social behaviour, and I do not trust WWHA to reliably and honestly report their own shortcomings.

Which is why I’m posting this. I’m curious whether there are other people on these forums who have similar problems with WWHA.

rockyrobins
    Participant

Have you tried ringing the police?

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=129640]Have you tried ringing the police?

[/quote]

Thank you, but yes. As it’s not an emergency the police don’t attend until much later, after the smell has gone. I don’t think the police are bothered – it’s too small an issue for them. Bear in mind that they can’t seem to fix the drug problems in the bus station and in town, so they’re not interested in bothering with an issue confined to a block of flats.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News