Virgin Media Remedial Works Scandal

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Virgin Media Remedial Works Scandal

• Author

Matt
    Participant

So Virgin Media are still digging up the roads to rectify their mistake at the cause of massive disruption to householders everywhere blocking access to driveways, causing traffic backlogs and preventing on-street parking.

All in the name of a private service that nobody really wants or needs now that the standard Upgraded Fibre Network is in place. Nobody has been held to account for this awful failure and I don’t even think they’ve issued an apology?

The original complaint about their piss poor workmanship was made over a year ago and still they are treating our roads like a sandpit.

More roadworks as ‘remedial programme of works’ takes place to get Virgin Media roll out up to scratch

I’ve seen the “repairs” made back on the re-dug up bits of pathway and their patch over is terrible and will end up being eroded come the next extended cold spell next winter and will cost the rate payers hundreds of thousands again in repairs to fix the rotten mess that Branson and Co have made.

Shocking. I really hope that their ill treatment of the town doesn’t go unrecognised and that people shun the Virgin Media service.

woogleeye
    Participant

Perhaps the Strategic Director or whatever he is called now who by all accounts pushed for all this work to be carried out everywhere in the locality should stand up and apologise to us the ratepayers for the shoddy and forever ongoing works that Virgin Media have been carrying out.
    Was there ever any decent communication between the council and the contractors doing the job or was it just ‘get the job done as quickly as possible’.
    I see it as just another calamity by the powers that be sat in their ivory towers so far removed from the rest of ‘joe public’.

Matt
    Participant

Further examples of Virgin Media contractors bad behaviour reported on Twitter:

Idris
    Participant

[quote quote=149606]Perhaps the Strategic Director or whatever he is called now who by all accounts pushed for all this work to be carried out everywhere in the locality should stand up and apologise to us the ratepayers for the shoddy and forever ongoing works that Virgin Media have been carrying out.
    Was there ever any decent communication between the council and the contractors doing the job or was it just ‘get the job done as quickly as possible’.
    I see it as just another calamity by the powers that be sat in their ivory towers so far removed from the rest of ‘joe public’.[/quote]

Like the other Top Brass, he don’t live in Wrexham and the only time he would have to walk the streets and be able to see the damage would be when he goes and gets his pie n chips at dinner time.

They also don’t have to drive on minor roads.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News