Update on Wrexham shops

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Update on Wrexham shops

• Author

99DylanJones
    Participant

There are so many design location issues that make Eagles Meadow an impending white elephant– no covered areas, lack of free parking, inadequate feeder road from all parts of town, lack range of shops.

Some people have probably forgotten why it was built in this location — the land belonged to the Council and they wanted to pad out the coffers in the Guildhall rather than make sensible planning decisions by encourage development in the centre of town.

I also blame the demise of parts of the town by not having a Town Centre Forum that is representative of the older parts of Wrexham rather than a Forum chaired by their biggest competitor.

DR
    Participant

We have a web chat with Ian Lucas tomorrow afternoon at 2. Already had some questions emailed over to us, but could be worth posting some thoughts on the town centre on the web chat thread as well!

https://www.wrexham.com/forums/wrexham-surrounding-area-forum/1167-friday-ian-lucas-web-chat-post-your-questions-now.html

Adam
    Participant

No idea what you’re all moaning about. Everything’s just super in the town isn’t it? At least, according to the new NorthEastWales tourism website…

“Shopping in Wrexham
    With its medieval market heritage, its only right that Wrexham should have developed into a thriving modern retail centre to satisfy even die-hard shoppers. Independent artisan shops and quirky boutiques sit happily alongside big high-street names here, and although recent developments have added an extra 250,000 square feet to Wrexham’s shopping area, fans of the town’s old streets Temple Row and Bank Street and its traditional arcades, will be pleased to hear that their unique charm remains intact.

We pride ourselves on our small, quirky shops. But we also do big. Very big. Eagles Meadow shopping centre occupies eight whole acres of Wrexham town centre. With 306,000 square feet of retail space. And parking for nearly 1,000 cars.”

Yes, the pigeon sh*t all over the walls and floor inside the Central Arcade certainly has a ‘unique charm’.

Rob
    Participant

You skipped the second line – come to eagles meadow :)

Things To Do In Wrexham | North Wales Borderlands

DR
    Participant

And Bersham Heritage Centre – which could be closed in the next batch of Council cuts.

Bersham Heritage Centre & Ironworks, Wrexham | North Wales Borderlands

MP1953
    Participant

There are probably relatively few people that read this forum and even less posting, but I am sure on this topic the big majority of WREXHAM people would agree with pretty much everything that is being stated/observed… :):) but obviously they are voting with their feet….

When the Olympic torch came to Wrexham I could not believe all the thousands of people who came out on that day and where they have all been and where they go, again I saw people there that I had not seen for years, just imagine if they all still shopped in Wrexham… ;)

justjojo2011
    Participant

The same can be said about St Davids Day. You couldnt move in town it was worse than walking down Foregate Street in Chester.. but those people buggered off again. Those are the people ruining this town by taking their money elsewhere and not putting it back into Wrexham

@MP1953 12933 wrote:

When the Olympic torch came to Wrexham I could not believe all the thousands of people who came out on that day and where they have all been and where they go, again I saw people there that I had not seen for years, just imagine if they all still shopped in Wrexham… ;)

johnhoppy
    Participant

@justjojo2011 12944 wrote:

The same can be said about St Davids Day. You couldnt move in town it was worse than walking down Foregate Street in Chester.. but those people buggered off again. Those are the people ruining this town by taking their money elsewhere and not putting it back into Wrexham

You can not tell people where to spend their money. If Wrexham is attractive enough to shoppers they will come into town, if not, they will go elsewhere.

zinger
    Participant

@Rob 12929 wrote:

You skipped the second line – come to eagles meadow :)

Things To Do In Wrexham | North Wales Borderlands

Under Gresford on this quote, they couldn’t even get right the number of lives lost in the biggest disaster North Wales has known.

Rondetto
    Participant

I was amazed at how quiet the Monday market was this bank holiday too.
    Very few stalls now compared to how previous years bank holidays.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News