Ty Pawb – Very disappointed :-(

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Ty Pawb – Very disappointed :-(

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

Alunh – I think your view of having people with a kiln or actually painting in their ‘pods’ was in the original concept but seems to have disappeared out of what has been produced or artists took the decision it was not viable for them.

I’m sure that from a technical specification if someone wanted to have a kiln installed now would be told that there is not enough electrical power in any of the shop units to accommodate. Most professional kilns would operate on three phase electric and only the food outlets have this at Ty Pawb.

One of the problems with this model is that there need to be large numbers of new visitors and not just repeats who just come to look at someone working! This is the fundamental confusion on any marketing for Ty Pawb – some business units will be requiring lots of new customers as they are likely to only make one-off purchases then you have those businesses that will require repeats from the same customer base as their ideal would be at least one or two times a week.

jimbow
    Participant

JaneJ

[quote quote=147249]
    One of the problems with this model is that there need to be large numbers of new visitors and not just repeats who just come to look at someone working! This is the fundamental confusion on any marketing for Ty Pawb – some business units will be requiring lots of new customers as they are likely to only make one-off purchases then you have those businesses that will require repeats from the same customer base as their ideal would be at least one or two times a week.[/quote]

JaneJ:- I agree with you that you would need a large new regular number of visitors to make a success of a woodturner, potter, artist business.

From my experience in the market and craft fairs. I used to make cold cast bronze figures, my market stall in Wrexham would probably sell on average £70 worth of these figures per week. I used to attend craft fairs all over the country and would expect in two days trading to return a figure around £400. This is the difference in meeting new customers each week in different locations rather than being static.

JaneJ
    Participant

Jimbow – I’m glad someone has experienced the economic retail of the retail sector for craft products and the need for varied customers and not just a high footfall of regulars (assuming Ty Pawb ever get high footfall which is highly unlikely). This is basic business sense and if any of the new craft outlets have taken business advise from the Council Business Advisory Service then you need to go back and ask for a refund on the rent you are now paying.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Come this time 2020, just two years time It’ll be Nail Bars, Tattoo, Parlours, Vape Shops, and one of those places where fish nibble y’feet.

Alunh
    Participant

Just been alerted to the Trip advisor reviews of Ty Pawb. Bearing in mind that this has become the bible for people planning trips (in some quarters), it was worrying to note that Ty Pawb does not even make the Top 50 of visitor attractions to the town, has mustered up a mere 5 reviews, and one of them absolutely scathing.

If that was my project, every member of staff responsible for that lady’s poor experience would be gone……never to return. Worth a look

jimbow
    Participant

Alunh I may be out of touch with the modern world, but could those pictures of the toilets be classed as Art.

Sheefag
    Participant

For God’s sake, don’t mention anything about going to the toilet to Alun.

AMA Express
    Participant

I took my Grandad to one of those places where fish nibble on dead skin.

Saved us a fortune on funeral costs.

IMHO
    Participant

[quote quote=153687]I took my Grandad to one of those places where fish nibble on dead skin.

Saved us a fortune on funeral costs.[/quote]

Did it cost an arm and a leg?

Sheefag
    Participant

He’s got an eye for a bargain.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Ty Pawb – Very disappointed :-(’ is closed to new replies.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News