Tour of Britain comes to Wrexham again

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Tour of Britain comes to Wrexham again

• Author

feedshallow
    Participant

@Andy 12610 wrote:

Agree with you 100% but you have this type of pond life in Wrexham

“The it’s time for all right minded motorists to get a nice set of bull-bars fitted and rid the roads of the unwashed, untaxed, uninsured, smug, law breaking, bad manered louts who hide under the name of ‘cyclists’.”

Pond life. I’ve never been called that before but presumably you’re one of the ‘unwashed, untaxed, uninsured, smug, law breaking, bad manered louts who hide under the name of ‘cyclists” I was referring to.

cmaj76
    Participant

Yes, how dare the pond life express a dislike to something! Expressing opinions, whatever next?

Andy
    Participant

Well I drive 30000 + miles a year around Wrexham. I also cycle occasionally. I shower and also pay taxes. Anyone urging drivers to commit harm against other road users must be from the shallow end of the gene pool.

feedshallow
    Participant

@Andy 12632 wrote:

Well I drive 30000 + miles a year around Wrexham. I also cycle occasionally. I shower and also pay taxes. Anyone urging drivers to commit harm against other road users must be from the shallow end of the gene pool.

You wash, drive,cycle,and pay your taxes. You must be the smug one I was talking about then.

gogledd
    Participant

I think there’s a few people who need to get some perspective on this thread. Advocating that other road users harm another road user is unjustified and even if said ‘tongue in cheek’ in poor taste to say the least.

I have been knocked off a motorcycle and a bicycle and I can tell you its no fun. I am hoping that we can all share the road and act responsibly.

Andy
    Participant

I hope the Tour is as well attended as last year. It was a packed along the route.

I had a great 30 mile ride today round Holt and back through Banger OD and Sontley. Called in Town and it was really busy today. Bright Sunshine and a lovely cooling breeze. Every motorist I came across was great. Didn’t meet any with Bull Bars fitted.

gogledd
    Participant

@Andy 12649 wrote:

I hope the Tour is as well attended as last year. It was a packed along the route.

I had a great 30 mile ride today round Holt and back through Banger OD and Sontley. Called in Town and it was really busy today. Bright Sunshine and a lovely cooling breeze. Every motorist I came across was great. Didn’t meet any with Bull Bars fitted.

I had a couple of good rides over the weekend. Saturday 36 miles down to the Dee then home via Hawarden. Sunday I rode the CTC Spring 50 (actually 52 miles) from Farndon out to Kinnerton in a big loop to Marford, back to Farndon then out to Tilston, Worthenbury Overton Bangor on Dee and return to Farndon before riding hope. Great Weather – I hope it lasts.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News