This may have already been covered – car parking

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum This may have already been covered – car parking

• Author

Council Watcher
    Participant

I don’t think the issue over staff who are in and out of their office to visit clients or service users has ever been an issue — a staff who, as part of their job role is required to travel away from the office should have free spaces.

A way to deal with the issue of side roads being blocked by Council and other town centre workers is to place a restriction between 12.00 – 1.00pm Monday to Friday – this would make it unattractive fro town centre workers to park on the road.

KidA
    Participant

[quote quote=148534]I don’t think the issue over staff who are in and out of their office to visit clients or service users has ever been an issue — a staff who, as part of their job role is required to travel away from the office should have free spaces.

A way to deal with the issue of side roads being blocked by Council and other town centre workers is to place a restriction between 12.00 – 1.00pm Monday to Friday – this would make it unattractive fro town centre workers to park on the road.[/quote]

Yes but surely all staff are caught up in the £100 charge? Also, if you work in town centre. Why shouldn’t you be able to park for free on a side road otherwise it’d cost a fortune to pay for parking each day. Sort of supports the view of subsidised parking for town centre workers!!

Whatever Next
    Participant

I think indication is the Guildhall car park will remain ear marked for councillors use only, and will not be opened up to the public…

WrexhamWatch
    Participant

Having read the details of the scheme I fail to see who benefits.
    The guildhall carpark will continue to only be used by councillors on business and a few senior managers.
    The vast magority of people who use their car on a daily basis will either be forced into paying £100 to do their job or will be parking in residential streets and walking. As many already Park in crescent road which is a 10-15min walk from lambpit street it’s not unlikely that a long walk is preferable to paying.
    There will be a much larger number of office workers who will be eligible for reduced rate parking in the town centre therefore probably increasing the number of cars in the proximity car parks used by staff and reducing the amount of money taken by the council for standard rate parking. Other than these office workers who benefits? Not the council or the service provided by social workers, environment workers and the like. Not very well thought out if you ask me.

Councillor X
    Participant

Although i do not think that Councillors and Top Management should have to pay to park because they work on behalf of the people of Wrexham, if WrexhamWatch is correct, they won’t have to fight for parking spaces with shoppers and will be able to keep their own car park.

If you want to look at the bigger picture and see where the money will be lost, all people who work for the Council will be able to buy a pass for a ton and can share it with their friends and family which will lose a LOT more money than by keeping the Councillor car park private.

What is to stop photocoping passes or selling a pass? This came up at the local and five people said they would buy or rent a pass if it saved them over £15 a week.

Don’t devilise Councillors and Top Managers when there are bigger fish in the sea. It is a storm in a tea cup and unlikely to happen.

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=149438]Although i do not think that Councillors and Top Management should have to pay to park because they work on behalf of the people of Wrexham, if WrexhamWatch is correct, they won’t have to fight for parking spaces with shoppers and will be able to keep their own car park.

If you want to look at the bigger picture and see where the money will be lost, all people who work for the Council will be able to buy a pass for a ton and can share it with their friends and family which will lose a LOT more money than by keeping the Councillor car park private.

What is to stop photocoping passes or selling a pass? This came up at the local and five people said they would buy or rent a pass if it saved them over £15 a week.

Don’t devilise Councillors and Top Managers when there are bigger fish in the sea. It is a storm in a tea cup and unlikely to happen.[/quote]

Staff that work for the Council that have a parking concession would photocopy or sell on their passes. You have a poor opinion of Council staff.

495 concessions at £100 brings in £49,500

495 paying the same as everybody else brings in around £232k per annum.

Make it easy ALL PAY.

Councillor X
    Participant

I have a VERY high opinion of Council staff but there are always bad onions in every batch.

If the Council treat all staff equally then around 5,000 would be able to buy a pass so that is £500k per annum so they may as well do that because everybody will not use the pass every day.

Better still increase it to a still very cheap £200 and make £1m and then open the scheme up to family and friends and then there is no need for forgery.

Great idea Jimbow, thank you for your input into the suggest-fest.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News