Sun cream appeal for Wrexham’s homeless

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Sun cream appeal for Wrexham’s homeless

• Author

Alunh
    Participant

It’s called English Maureen……remember in school your English as a 3rd language classes

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=152034]Quite interesting the Facebook comments given that people can actually see who’s posting what. Clear sign that there is a bit of a sea-change going on. Different on here because most people choose to be anonymous.

It would appear that two things seem to be now occurring. Firstly, most people, including the caring, are sick of an approach that deals with the target group like “children”, totally helpless and incapable of any self-help whatsoever. That can’t be good nor sensible. Secondly, many people are fed up of being bracketed as cruel or heartless for even suggesting adopting a different line. This also can’t be good. Personally, I find this issue like squeezing jelly. If you make a general observation, someone will raise the example of a specific exception, usually someone who is a Vet sleeping rough and if you make a specific reference they will reverse the logic.[/quote]

Some wise observations as usual Alun. I pointed out the hypocrisy of the homeless veterans tale on Facebook because as a general rule – if there’s a homeless issue then everyone homeless and all the other nuisance individuals in Wrexham who do have homes they are all branded the same. Yet, if there is a story about Syrian refugees or immigrants and housing – suddenly the same people who were being nasty suddenly put the bracket of homeless veterans into a saint-like status desperate to get them housed, just so they can try and keep any foreigners out. Completely feigned care to enable xenophobia and racism.

I generally try and stay out of 99% of the Facebook comments conversations because the level of ignorance and stupidity runs rife. You’ve got the whole Wrexham.com Facebook Bingo game of stock phrases – “But what about the Homeless Veterans?”, “We need more chain shops on the high street” etc… Every now and then I’ll throw in a troll-baiting grenade – I really should know better, but I just can’t help myself.

You know where I stand on the nature of homelessness from our previous lengthy conversations on here about it, but even I was baffled by the apparent inability of grown adults to be able to be sensible enough to stay in the shade when it’s too hot – that’s a basic animal survival instinct.

I do come on strongly when it comes to opinions, but that’s just me I’m willing to debate things all day, but there is as you say a sea-change where more shall we say very strong public opinions are being put forth on many issues – homelessness, social welfare, immigration, criminal justice etc.. etc… People have had enough because they don’t feel listened to and we have especially in Wrexham, continued austerity squeezing people and giving them a feeling of nothing worth living for, no sense of fairness – so there’s a lot of lashing out. There just needs to be a bit of common decency about it.

Sheefag
    Participant

Might I suggest they use some of the muck from smashing looking lad Alun’s, record shop doorstep in Shit Street as a natural sunblock.

Alunh
    Participant

Don’t give me too many ideas Sheefag…after all I am a retailer. Perhaps you could bottle the shadow from your pearls of wisdom for marketing as well. Must be a small fortune waiting there……

Bigbrother
    Participant

[quote quote=152039]What the hell are you on about Alunh?? Are you drinking the sun tan lotion or what??[/quote]

I’m only anonimominominuss because I’m rubbish at spelling.

Bigbrother
    Participant

Sorry Maureen, I didn’t mean to quote you.

Wxmbda777
    Participant

So heres the offer to the homeless, in one hand I have suncream, in the other some weed, I wonder which they would go for lol

anon
    Participant

[quote quote=152018]I don’t understand why people want to give them free sun cream (or water for that matter). Homeless people are entitled to benefits and, together with the money that they collect from begging (which I doubt they declare) and the fact that they have no rent or other bills, they must have a bigger disposable income than many people with houses. If they really want sun cream I’m sure they can afford to buy their own – it’s a matter of prioritising their spending.[/quote]

agree with that surely they have £1 to buy a tube themselves, better still get a job and do something useful, fed up of them begging for change, that I have to go to work for not sit about drinking alcohol

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News