Submit your questions – what do you want us to ask the local police inspectors?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Submit your questions – what do you want us to ask the local police inspectors?

• Author

D R
    Keymaster

Question in about policing of traffic near schools –

Could you ask why there does not seem to be any police presence outside or near the two major schools when pupils are leaving in the afternoon.

I live at the rear of Clywedog school and pupils walk down the middle of the small service road forcing any traffic to stop and sometimes banging on cars and intimidating the occupants.

D R
    Keymaster

Question – Do you agree with the concept there is more digital crime than ‘real world’ crime?

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=140242]Another question / comments just in about the rural ward –

As a retired police officer living in Coedpoeth, I cannot recall the last time I saw a police officer patrolling on foot here, the PCSO drive around in police cars in twos, I have not seen one patrolling on foot for many a month. As someone said to me, come to Coedpoeth, you can do what you want.

Come on lets have less of this bull, let’s see police officers back on our streets once more, I have not seen one in Wrexham for months come to think of it .

I retired after 31 years service,all operational, commended on several occasions, I was a sergeant (420) and we had a police officer on foot 24 hours on the town centre. Yesterday I saw 6 homeless persons drinking alcohol on the junction of high street and Yorke Street, discarding their cans on the floor.[/quote]

PW: I do not know what year you retired, I have 25+ years service now and I have seen alot of changes. 20% of the work we deal with is crime, 80% is not. For example Cybercrime has exploded in recent years and we have had to put significant resource into that area of work. It is often assumed that cybercrime is monetary frauds but in actual fact the kind of crime committed on computer is the most horrendous crimes committed against children.
    We no longer have the luxury for constables to be on foot patrols in villages, we have to task them to specific jobs or specific areas. The days of a police officer walking around villages has, sadly, gone.
    One of my last constable posts was Hanmer in 1999 when the local community were astonished when I appeared on foot and wrote to the chief. The withdrawal of foot patrols by constables in rural villages is nothing new.

SO: I have to accept that if the questioner suggests there is a double crewed vehicle, but depending on context a colleague could have been taking a colleague to another area, because there is not the vehicles. Coedpoeth police station houses officers covering Brymbo Brynteg Pentre Broughton Southsea so they would be taken to their patch to spend their day on their patch. I would not expect an Officer to walk to those outlying areas from Coedpoeth that is inefficient. I am aware there are two full time and one part time officers covering Coedpoeth, I know for a fact they are on foot for the majority of their shifts.

D R
    Keymaster

Slightly more positive one now but with a question as well – News used to be arson arson arson. Thankfully that seems very rare now. What happened? I guess individuals were banged up or moved.

If so why can’t that happen to solve the group (police/council say small 20-30 people) who seem responsible for the spice consumption and town centre problems.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=140243]Different type of question now about social media – How much time do you waste responding to civil matters after rows on Facebook? why not tell them no[/quote]

SO: Surprisingly rows on Facebook generally come within the malicious communications act. We will respond positively to any offences that are brought to our attention. Some are low level but do require a response. We cant ignore things that are brought to our attention. If it is an offence it is recorded as such, and investigated appropriately.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=140247]Question in about policing of traffic near schools –

Could you ask why there does not seem to be any police presence outside or near the two major schools when pupils are leaving in the afternoon.

I live at the rear of Clywedog school and pupils walk down the middle of the small service road forcing any traffic to stop and sometimes banging on cars and intimidating the occupants.[/quote]

PW: As Inspector for the town I was unaware that this was an issue. Thankyou. Our PCSO’s will be active around the schools at the material time.

SO: Similar issues by Darland and we have had meetings with the Headmaster. Schools have to take some responsibility.
    Teachers do now attend the bus stops while children wait for buses.

D R
    Keymaster

Speed cameras are back – How do you keep an officer motivated to keep looking at the same patch of the a483 in rossett through the viewfinder of a speed camera?

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=140248]Question – Do you agree with the concept there is more digital crime than ‘real world’ crime?[/quote]

PW: It is not that I agree or not. Last year for the first time more than half of crime online outstripped ‘traditional crime’.

LadyK
    Participant

Similar issues with children leaving St Josephs and I can’t begin to tell you about the utter chaos around St Marys everyday of the schooling week mainly parents to blame. The school needs moving, there is going to be a serious accident.

D R
    Keymaster

Two more separate questions about the Public Space Protection Orders –

1) Is the town PSPO worth the paper is it written on ?

2) Are the Public Space Protection Orders toothless? A fine is the only penalty, for people with little or no money.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News