Street Cleanup- DO NOT CLEAN UP POSTERS!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Street Cleanup- DO NOT CLEAN UP POSTERS!!

• Author

Council Watcher
    Participant

I am in total agreement with clean-up sessions to look after our community but I strongly object to a Council Member – Andrew Atkinson calling on people to volunteer their time in order to clean up fly posting etc because his own Executive Board will not go down the legal route to chase the offenders. A campaign to clean windows of posters is nonsensical as all they are doing is cleaning windows to make space for the next batch to be put.

I would urge anyone involved to refuse to clean any posters off windows as you are wasting your time. Andrew should get his fellow Councilors and Officers to do their job properly that they are being paid to do. The legislation is quite clear and other councils do this so why do we have to have such a bunch of incompetent people in the Council that they cant tackle the problem for the long term. The Council need to set an example of the current flyposters as that will deter others in the future. Problem solved.

If you have time on your hands find some other activity to support for the benefit of others and not do something to et the Council of the hook.

Sheefag
    Participant

Why not do both? They aren’t mutually exclusive you know.
    It would be far more helpful and positive than this childish political point scoring and whinging.

Transportuser
    Participant

[quote quote=150881]Why not do both? They aren’t mutually exclusive you know.
    It would be far more helpful and positive than this childish political point scoring and whinging.[/quote]
    They are mutually exclusive.
    If someone removes the posters they’re removing not only the evidence of the offence but also the means by which the council can trace the offenders?

Rather than random removal the answer is surely to take the legal route which will also discourage other from repeating the problem.
    Council Watcher’s comments are common sense, not “point scoring”.

zinger
    Participant

Just a bit concerned that if the posters are removed and Kingdom just happen to be around, what will happen if any bits of the posters fall onto the ground whilst they are working. Will they still get fined?

JW
    Participant

Anything for a pop at Cllr Atkinson ey Council Watcher?

Get a grip. At least he’s out in the community making it a better place.

Council Watcher
    Participant

This is not about a pop at an individual it reflects on the way people are being asked to volunteer to do something that the Council as a whole has a legal responsibility to sort. Volunteering should be about doing ‘extras’ for the community not to do the work of paid officials. There are enough other volunteering roles that people could do – helping in Nightingale, Playgrounds, Football Clubs etc. Time is precious and should be used for others not doing roles such as cleaning the flyposters.

Matt
    Participant

Atkinson’s name is popping up all over the internet like a bad rash again. Must mean another General Election is coming. Seems to stick his head massively above the parapet to remind people who he is Couple of days ago I was able to rest & now there’s publicity & complaints about him left right and centre.

I ended up posting about the Llay issue because more than 1 person had complained to me about him.

Dick, come on do your compulsory post I know you are lurking somewhere.

Sheefag
    Participant

How come you guys never run for office?

Council Watcher
    Participant

Is Andrew Atkinson a self-publicist or in fact Councillor that is doing more than others!! For many people, their Councilor is faceless and only to be seen every five years leading to an election whilst hibernating for the other four.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=150965]Is Andrew Atkinson a self-publicist or in fact Councillor that is doing more than others!! For many people, their Councilor is faceless and only to be seen every five years leading to an election whilst hibernating for the other four.[/quote]

This is my point though, he only frantically starts doing things when there is some kind of election coming – with all the current turmoil in Government, he’s getting himself battle ready. 3 vanity projects this week alone. Perhaps some of the other councillors actually get stuff done on their wards without it needing to be very visual and directly related to a plug for his own commercial business.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News