Sioppa Hoppa

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Sioppa Hoppa

• Author

Sam
    Participant

Hasn’t the beach moved venue to eagles meadow now ?
    I seem too remember it was going to be based in the ‘old’ town center somewhere.

Interesting to see their next steps.

Liam
    Participant

Thought it was still in Queen’s Square?

Sam
    Participant

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

The bus service has gone. Missed it again! :p

justjojo2011
    Participant

I agree! The only part if Wrexham shopping that is “out of town” is the Plas Coch Retail park, that is regularly serviced by the Town Link, Brymbo and Summerhill buses. I see no real need for this shoppa hoppa bus in the first place.

A great deal of buses travel to Eagles Meadow and Market Street to make those areas equally as accessible as the rest of town so there is no need here for the shoppa hoppa.

They drive through the middle of a pedestrianised area where frankly I’m surprised no one has ever been hit.

Good riddance to the service. Worth a shot? Not really. Was a complete waste of tax payers money

@Christian 6182 wrote:

Re: ‘Uneconomical’ Shoppa Hoppa Service To End | Wrexham.com

Wrexham General -> Town = 5 mins walk
    Bus Station -> Town = 1 min walk
    Town -> Eagles Meadow = 2 min walk

For those who cannot walk all seem to have free bus passes anyway, with Eagles Meadow, Market Street, Tesco / Asda / Sainsburys each with their own bus stops.

Good riddance. £1,600 a month saved. :D

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    justjojo2011;6337 wrote:
    A great deal of buses travel to Eagles Meadow and Market Street to make those areas equally as accessible as the rest of town so there is no need here for the shoppa hoppa.

They drive through the middle of a pedestrianised area where frankly I’m surprised no one has ever been hit.

Good riddance to the service. Worth a shot? Not really. Was a complete waste of tax payers money

Its because it went through a pedestrianised area that it made not cost efficient. It took too long and spent lots of extra fuel.

No buses that get government money should go to Eagles’ Meadow until Eagles Meadow owners start paying UK tax!!!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

With the money saved by not paying our rate of tax they can probably afford their own bus service.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News