Saving money by not cutting the grass.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Saving money by not cutting the grass.

• Author

MP1953
    Participant

@Liam 13191 wrote:

Council has reversed the decision and is back to cutting four times a year. Noticed a lot more cutting this week.

The Leader – News from Wrexham & Flintshire – U-turn sees Wrexham Council increase grass cuttings

I guess the relentless pressure from the public has told in the end, just shows ;)

zinger
    Participant

Just like the governments (both parties) they really don’t think things through. One of last things to interfere with should be what keeps the town looking tidy First impressions are all important.

johnhoppy
    Participant

I’m sure that there are a few services which the council provide that could be stopped without anyone noticing. Grass cutting and maintenance of roads is not amongst them.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Yesterday morning Council employee with strimmer out cutting grass around the Council Offices on Ruthin Road — again I wonder how many cuts they are scheduled for

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@99DylanJones 13202 wrote:

Yesterday morning Council employee with strimmer out cutting grass around the Council Offices on Ruthin Road — again I wonder how many cuts they are scheduled for

Once a week or fortnight I’d say…

KidA
    Participant

@99DylanJones 13202 wrote:

Damn, damn council! Although I guess they can’t win in many respects. They have upped the cutting schedule yet still get criticised. Personally, I’m fed up of this topic now. If the verges happen to surround a council building then they should be cut to make the town as a whole more presentable just like anywhere else. Maybe you should ask them to supply their cutting schedule dylan before suggesting they are favouring council buildings.

justjojo2011
    Participant

Last week, I saw THREE people cutting the grass on Kingsmills Road. Yes thats THREE. 2 on the machines, one with a strimmer.

However, the whole debate about cutting the grass is rather tedious. I get it, I really do, we want the place to look nice. But in the grand scheme of things, is it really as important as other cuts made? Is it more important than the cuts to health & social care provisions in the county? Cuts to bus services that leave people grounded and out of pocket?

I don’t think it is. And if the council want to cut the service, there are ways and means in which they could save the money they want and still keep the general public happy. Volunteers or those serving community service would a great way to make the most of it.

But now that it’s going to be cut 4 times a year, everyone is happy right?

I live on a Wales & West estate.. my grass is cut once a month….

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News